Monday, April 6, 2009

Yucky Monday

Well, I think that instead of springing forward weather wise, we are falling back. It was like winter here all over again today. It's April 6th and it snowed a fair amount. It's not sticking but I don't like it. lol. I much prefer last Wednesday's temps of 69/70 over the current offering. lol. I saw folks mowing their yards here just yesterday as it was fairly nice then too. Tomorrow is supposed to be even worse. Gotta love Ohio.

Yesterday for my son's birthday, we went to the mall and out to eat at Red Lobster. We had a great time. The meal was wonderful. We bought the boy a pair of spiffy new tennis shoes for his gift. I think he enjoyed himself. In between the mall and supper though we had a few extra minutes before we were to meet our other son and daughter in law at the restaurant so guess where I got to go? It was JoAnn's. I could get lost in there but I stick to the fabric section. I left empty handed but I saw alot of lovely stuff. I just can't afford them to be honest. I can't bring myself to pay five bucks a yard for material. I started buying fabric at wal-mart where I always only paid three or four a yard tops. I liked their 2.97 fabrics and the clearance rack. I liked the clearance rack alot!! lol. But like poo poo heads our local store got rid of the domestics department and I have no where other than the little independent shops around here to shop for it and again, I just can't justify it cost wise. I keep hoping that on the rare occasion I do get to JoAnn's that I'll find some awesome deal on something I can really use but it hasn't happened yet. lol.

I tried quilting Saturday for awhile but it did not go well so instead of going through the whole sew it up/tear em' out routine like last time I just politely got up and walked away at the first hint of trouble. lol. I really just wanted to come home from work today and get busy on it but I'll be danged if I didn't get a visitor who stayed from 1:20 until about 3:00. I should feel bad about complaining about getting company and should be happy that folks want to stop and see me and spend some time with me but I just really don't appreciate folks dropping in on me unannounced at all. There were some things I was going to do today as well and I mentioned that fact but it didn't speed up the visit a bit. What do you do? It's almost time for hubby to get home and then I'll have to start supper and after that I'll have to go do those things I was going to do earlier. Probably no quilting today at all now. Wasn't meant to be I guess. lol.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm getting ready to do the blog roll for the first time today and I can't wait to see what you all have been up to. Take care.

Happy Stitching!!!

Renee

2 comments:

Sara said...

Yes, this weather is yucky! And they got rid of the fabric at all the Wal-Marts around here. I go to JoAnn's alot because its cheaper than the independent fabric stores!

QuiltedSimple said...

Finally - today I am seeing sun out the window here at work in Ashland - YIPPPEEE! It is a bummer that they've gotten rid of the fabric dept. at Wal-mart - have you tried taht little shop down by the post office? I found some fabrics in there a few weeks ago for just a couple dollars a yard - nice stuff tooo.
Kris