Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Finally A Day Off

Today is Wednesday, July 16th. I started my new job last Wednesday and today is my first day off since. Thought I'd sleep in but found myself wide awake at 7:30 a.m. What to do, what to do? I know what I'd like to do. I'd like to get at that quilt top I'm working on and get it tore apart and re-worked. I have my eye on a potential customer for it already. But I want it ready to present to her before I say a word about it. I have until approximately Sept. 11th but this being a fourth or fifth child for the mother and the fact that she's already been to the hospital twice already, I may not have that long at all.

But Mom Duty will take precedence today as I'll be getting my youngest up soon to go the kalahari resort( He's going with some long time friends of the family and I'm happy he gets to go but as a mom I worry. He'll be driving. And coming home alone. I have to print off maps and all and give him the lecture and stuff you know. lol. But he has to be up at their house at noon to head that way. I'll see if he'll take some pics of the place and I'll post them. It sounds like an awesome place. He's been there before and had a blast.

And then there is the chance I may have to ride with my future daughter-in-law to pick up their new truck today. Of course I can't drive the new truck home, I have to drive the old car back. lol. I'm chuckling because now I have to share a little story with you all. It's not funny but we have to see a little humor in it to get through it right now. Last Friday, the 11th, my son and his fiance and another couple went camping and a few hours after they arrived at their site my son's buddy accidently totalled my boy's truck. Got stuck in a mudhole and lost control trying to get it out and hit a parked truck head on. Thank God no one was hurt but totally put a damper on the trip. lol. This is the second time in about 10 months my son has had to buy a new vehicle due to accidents that were no fault of his at all. First time a woman pulled out right in front of him and they whacked bumper to bumper. Banged them both up pretty good and totalled both cars, coincidently both cars were dodge neons. Well, this most recent vehicle wrecked was the one he had to get to replace the neon. And now you see why we must chuckle as it doesn't seem he has much luck as far as vehicles go and by no fault of his own is the kicker. Only thing that matters to me really is that everyone is still here and no worse for the wear. Cars and trucks come and go.

I also have to do some major, major big time house cleaning today in between all of the possibilities the day brings. When I haven't been at work this last week it seems I've been alseep. Years ago I worked this same shift and don't remember it being so hard for me to get in the swing of things. I guess it's old age settin' in. lol. But the house sure is showing signs of neglect and that's why I'll close now. I need to get it started and the boy up and see what course the day is gonna take. Perhaps this afternoon I shall get to work on the quilt top. Meantime, happy quilting to all!!


No comments: