Friday, July 18, 2008

Just Chillin' On A Friday Night

Hey everybody. Just thought I'd pop in tonight to do a quick update and mention a few things. First of all, can we say "thank goodness it's the weekend?" I know I am. It has been a doozey of a week here and I am off Saturday and Sunday and so, so happy about it. I worked really hard today especially at work and real hard last night here at home and I am exhausted. My feet are so swollen and sore. My toes look like sausages. lol. I should have them up for awhile maybe but I've had lots to do online tonight while I got the house here to myself.

First off I would like to mention a huge sale over at etsy.com. It starts July 2oth and runs through July 31st. It is a Christmas in July Sale. A couple hundred sellers will be offering great prices on not just Christmas items but other things as well. So, if you are interested in buying handmade and are looking for something really, really unique I would highly recommend stopping by and checking out the deals. My shop will be included with reductions or free shipping on all items in my shop. Hoping for that first sale and a Christmas in July event sounds like a good try. Wish me luck.

Second, I wanted to update on my work in progress, The Flower Garden. I did manage to get it torn apart the other day and some measurements taken for some strips to go in between the 4 big blocks. I need to measure for the outside strips yet and then get to cutting. I'm in need of some motivation as it would not take me long at all to finish up this little jewel. My problem tonight is that I saw another little project I am dying to try but I'm restraining myself because I don't like having multiple projects going on. In the end though, this little quilt will look totally different from the way it is pictured now. I think I'll be alot happier with it than as it was. I'll keep you posted on the progress and post pics as they become available.

For tonight I will close. I just wanted to get those things mentioned and now I might put these fat feet up to rest a spell. Happy Quilting.

Renee

No comments: