Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hodge Podge Sunday

Photobucket

I know I'm late but love is still in the air, right? I hope all you folks here in blog land had a great Valentine's Day.

Today I had to hand sew a pair of jeans that my son blew out at the top and down the right side of the left back pocket. Not at all fun. Then I put them on the machine and went over them a time or two after that just to make sure. This isn't the first time I fixed these pants and I'm afraid it is going to be the last though. lol. I could have sewn and patched on them all day. But just so long as the back end isn't air conditioned anymore was all the more we had to do today. Next I'm going to go finish the quilt of many colors quilt top. I got batting and backing for it last night. I decided the sheet I had bought at Goodwill was going to be used for my "Man Quilt" instead of this lap quilt. If I am so inclined I might start cutting some blocks for the "Man Quilt" later on. lol. But I just bought a twin sized flat sheet in a pretty light blue shade to use on the back of this quilt of many colors. I also bought some quilt binding just because it was on sale/clearance and it's an off-white. If I use that on it, that will add yet another color to the mix. lol. I like color. lol.

Later on we are going to my oldest brother's house for a fried chicken liver feast. Our grandma used to make the best fried chicken livers and biscuits and gravy you ever laid your lips to. Yummy. If you guys are like my husband and youngest son, I know you are saying "Gross!". lol. It's the most extreme food that I eat that is for sure but I do love them and my brother and I were talking the other day about how we'd like to have some and well, one thing led to another and we're all supposed to get together tonight and pig out. lol. I kinda wish I didn't have to go but it will be nice to at least not have to cook tonight.

My sister loved her pillow I sent her for Valentine's. I sent it to her via my brother who was going to see her Friday and she called me yesterday and went on and on. She made me feel so good about my work. I have a problem with my confidence level still. lol. But, anyway, now my brother tells me he likes birds too and that sure was a pretty pillow (hint, hint). I'll have to see what I can do. I still have curtains to cut off and hem for the kid. I told him today that I will have those done this week. Now the pressure is on. But I need to spend more time sewing anyway so I might as well committ. lol.

I will have a suprise for those who stop by and visit in my next post. Not sure when that will be exactally but I hope tonight or tomorrow. You all stay tuned to see what I have up my sleeve. It will be cool. No worries. lol.

Meantime, enjoy your Sunday afternoons. Happy Stitching to everyone.

Renee

2 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

Hope you had a good valentine's day! I hate patching jeans - but at the price of jeans, it's well worth it. Can't wait to see your quilt done - and I'm so glad your sister liked her pillow. It was truly lovely!
Kris

LuAnn said...

Happy Belated Valentine's Day to you too!!! I'm doing some quilts for Project Linus, and I went to JoAnns and used a coupon and bought some wide flannel for on the back. I think using a flat sheet is just fine. That was what we always used to do. Oh...and I would love some biscuits and gravy, but you could have my liver.