Sunday, February 1, 2009

What A Week

First let me start by apologizing for not being around posting anymore than I have this last week. Looks like tomorrow will make a week since I posted. I'm sure any of you who are in northeast/north central Ohio right may have a clue what this week has been like around here. I wrote and whined Monday about how cold it was and that was that. Well, the storm of the century came Wednesday as you all know and yesterday (Saturday), we finally got completely dug out. The stress of worrying over my loved ones travelling this past week has about put me at the edge. lol.

I've been having washing machine issues and it must be off kilter because it's making all kinds of taking off and landing sounds but thank goodness it has not left the floor as of yet. lol. It isn't spinning right and I have to either wash a real small load or let it do it's thing and run the spin cycle two or three times with a normal load. Ordinarily I could take this with a grain of salt but right now all of us (three of us) are wearing two and three layers of clothes to work and such and keeping them all clean and ready for wear are also taking it's toll on me. It's laundry everywhere I look. Sweatshirts, long johns, hunting socks, big stupid boots all over my house. I think this may be the closest I've come to cabin fever yet. Plan today is to belt out all the laundry for the week and hopefully we can start reducing the number of layers we wear this week too. While I hear it's supposed to get warmer, I also hear another big storm coming tomorrow. We'll see.

There was no creating over the past week. My quilt of many colors is just as it is with the last two rows still needing taken in and re-attached. I did get the sheet that I want to use for the backing washed yesterday so it's ready when I am. lol. Washing my quilting supplies hasn't been a priority with all the other laundry right now. lol. Yesterday I did sew a button on my boys dress pants. I know, WOW. I should be so proud. lol.. Hey, I ironed them too. For that alone I should get Mother of the Year award. lol. He was supposed to be going to a dance at Northwestern High School last night with his girlfriend but she is evidently having some major bullying issues with the girls on her cheer squad there and after the game last night she was so upset at how they treated her that she didn't even want to go to the dance. Poor kid. Why are kids so mean? These aren't little kids either, they're high schoolers. Personally I just want to smack them all real hard just once to wake them up but the law won't allow me to run around slapping mouthy teenagers so I'll just vent about them here. lol. I was crashed when Shawn got home but I'm sure he said they went bowling with her family instead. Not only do I feel bad for her but for my baby boy too. He left here going to a dance, ya know? I just want to put a bubble around this one and keep him locked up and my baby forever. But, the law won't allow that either. Darn laws. lol. Here's a couple blurry, not the best pics ever of him before he left for the dance last night.

bl

bl

I told hubby to come have a pic made with his handsome son and this is what we get gang:

bl

Dorks, but I love them just the same. They're my dorks.

I work with a great lady, Nora who's dear Mom passed away on New Year's Eve. She has really been through it and her father is also not in good health at all. She is working two jobs and trying to do her best to care for the both of them before her mom passed and now just worrying about her dad losing his will to live at this point is weighing on her heavy. Maybe put in a prayer for her strength and that her dad will get better. Anyway, last weekend she brought me some of her mom's clothes and some fabrics scraps that she thought I might want. In the box was this lovely piece of blue fabric with colorful birds all over it. There must have been a yard and a half of it and Nora told me her mom loved birds and was just in love with that piece of fabric. Her dad didn't really want her to give the fabric away because mom loved it so much. So, she asked me if I would make her a set of throw pillows out of it anyway so dad could have them around the house. I got busy and did get her pillows made yesterday. There is still enough fabric for a few more sets probably. I might see if she'd want me to go ahead and use up the rest and make her a few more sets of them. If not, I have to come up with an idea to use it. I did take a piece of the scrap from the first set and am working on a little block type pillow for my sister I think. My sissy needs her spirits lifted and maybe a nice little gift in the mail to say I love you might cheer her up a little. I hope to finish hers today. Here's a pic of the pillows for Nora and the start of the block for my sis.

bl

bl

bl

And now I must get busy and get the clothes going and get ready to make some breakfast. Have a great Sunday and I hope all your week's are great. Let's pray this storm passes us up tomorrow.

Happy Stitching,

Renee

2 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

Ok - how wierd is this - I think we were sitting right behind your son at the game - Jessie was cheering at it (all the elementary school girls cheered with the high schoolers at half time). I'm not 100% sure, but if he was sitting at the end where all the cheerleaders were - I saw him. And yes, some of those high school girls are soooo mean. And some of the jr. high ones too, come to think of it. We were there as the dance was starting - and some of those kids were nasty to the little elementary cheerleaders. Glad you are digging out. We too have had snow issues, but hopefully today things will start to thaw out!
Kris

Renee said...

lol, kris that is funny. i just now asked him and he was there but he said he sat with her family and not with the cheerleaders. you maybe have still seen him though. too bad kids are the way they are nowadays. hope you're all plowed out and pray you don't get anymore.