Monday, February 2, 2009

Nora Loved The Pillows

The set of pillows I made this weekend for my friend at work from her mom's fabric were delivered this morning. She loved them. She said she bet her dad would really like them so I'm anxious to see tomorrow what he had to say.

I doubt I'll get any sewing done tonight. I worked on those pillows and finished up sister's yesterday. Then I started playing around with trying to stipple quilt some little sandwiches I threw together to practice on. Hours later and tons of thread later I emerged feeling like maybe when I get the quilt of many colors done I might remember how I practiced it and can try this again. lol. I knew I could do it but it just wasn't working for me the last few times I did try it. I might sound dumb here but I think I figued out that last time I tried I didn't take the shank off my machine. Could be the reason it wouldn't move and sat and spun millions of tiny little knots on me, eh? lol. Anyway, I was just trying to burn some time while the stupid Super Bowl was on. Sorry, no offense to any football fans but I can't stand it. At half time I had quit playing in the sewing room and begged hubby to trade me rooms so I could watch what I wanted from my beloved sofa. lol. He did it, bless his heart. I didn't do much over the weekend sewing wise but I'm tired today and don't think I'll mess with anything except supper tonight.

I'm even gonna sign off now and take a power nap before the troops get home on me here tonight. Take care.

Happy Stitching,

Renee

3 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

Glad she loved the pillows. I thought that they were wonderful. Hope you are staying warm!
Kris

countrychicken said...

Liked the pillows in your previous post - I'm a pillow collector - I have a closet full that I bring out for different seasons. Maybe I can get one of my daughters to make me some of these. I see we are expecting a heat wave this weekend - I am so looking forward to that.

Renee said...

hi girls. sorry for the delay in responding. i hope you all have been enjoying the warmer temps the last few days. i have. we've had quite a bit of snow melt since just yesterday. yeah!!!! but you know what follows massive amounts of snow melting, right? yep, mud. all over. but i'll deal with it for the warmer weather. lol. take care.