Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Some Good News

My sister, Becky, is in remission with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Praise God. We got even better news Monday night when we heard she got the results of her latest pet(?) scan. This latest test came back with great results. Her plattelettes also came up to where they should be. That's an improvement from the last time. Yeah!! I know she's been worried about the results of this one for some reason but I'm so happy that she now knows she's still okay and I can't imagine what a relief it is to her to know. I cannot imagine and never will attempt to let on like I understand what it's like to have cancer. All I know is that even though she has been given this good news and a clean bill of health, she must still always carry in the back of her mind the fear of it's return. I just hope she grasps this good news and it helps her spirits to lift somewhat. If she doesn't, I know she must have her reasons and I will never question that. Having cancer is personal and no one will ever know how that feels until they are told that news themselves. No two cases of the disease can be compared, it's a very individual experience. All I can do is be there for her when she needs me. And pray her spirits will lift and she will want to thrive again as the fighter I've always known her to be. I just am so overjoyed that she is well. And I wanted everyone I know to know it.

This week's plans have t-totally gone right out the window. No sewing, no more cleaning, no sewing machine brought up, nothing. If it's not one of us, it's another right now not feeling well. My husband was down for a day and a half with a mind numbing headache. My oldest boy told me today he think's he has a stomach ulcer and hasn't felt well since yesterday. The youngest actually isn't doing so bad health wise but being a teenager, there is always plenty of drama that can be draining at times to say the least. I'm still kind of a mess. Haven't gotten those meds I was supposed to get almost two weeks ago yet and had the big bro show up here wanting to know what my problem was and then once he found out he got all worried and upset over that and now I'm feeling guilt for all the ruckus that I didn't really know I was causing anybody in the first place. Geez oh pete!!! lol. I just like being quiet and be of as little bother as I can be to folks and I guess they aren't used to that from me. I'm not used to that from me but it's the way it is right now. I got all kinds of people encouraging me to go for the counselling but I'm still not sold on that either. Ah, it's like the young girl over at work is always saying (bless her heart, it's for lack of anything else better to say. lol.), she says, "Ah, it'll all buff out." lol. She's so funny and young and naive. lol.

Well, I could go on and on but I got a hungry hubby glarin' at me over my shoulder here so I'm gonna go throw on some grub. Just wanted to share about sister and my lack of any accomplishments whatsoever this week. lol. Take care.

Happy Stitching,

Renee

3 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

That is great news about your sister! Whoo Hooo.

I'm not getting very far motivation wise it seems. Must be the weather (or lack thereof) that is causing this funk....

Have a great day!
Kris

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

So good to hear your sister's great health news. God is good indeed!

Renee said...

thank you ladies. sorry for my delay in replying. it was such wonderful news about my sister that i'm still telling folks. lol.

i sure hope our weather improves here soon as i think we will all feel a little better once we can feel some sun and warmness on our faces now and then.

thank you girls for coming by. take care.