Saturday, January 8, 2011

Easiest Clean Up Evah!

I started putting away all the house decorations from Christmas on Thursday evening.  Yesterday morning, I took the decorations off my little bitty tree and just left the lights on it again like I did last year.  So easy.  I got this industrial sized trash bag from work last year and stored the tree so since I didn't harm it in anyway, I re-used that stinker again to store this year too.  Again, so easy.  Pics for proof!  lol.





This one little ole box now contains my entire Christmas Tree decorations.  Next year, watch out.  I'll have a tree up and decorated in under an hour.  haha.  Actually, going through that one little box and getting the tree fixed up could last me a week or more before I got it all on there.  I can milk a project.  hehe. 



Here it is then, all ready for the next time.  Considering the sq. footage of my house, I am so tickled with this compact set-up.  I'm sure there are some of you who don't see the big deal in this.  lol.  Trust me, every inch matters here.





Now, here's the kicker.  You had to know there'd be one, right?  Too bad that this is all the rest of the stuff from the house.  lol.  I somehow ended up with  two extra boxes this year.  What?  I don't know how that happened.  Actually I do know how it happened and even though it added a few more boxes, I did sort my stuff from all the Christmas's past and I know the two new one's won't even need taken out unless we use our big green tree.  My sister started making me photo Christmas ornaments years ago of the kids and family and I even jumped in and made us some and they are very precious too me but too big for the little tree.  I boxed those all up safe and sound all by themselves.  Then, all the things the kids have made and we've used for years are now sorted according to who made them and stored safe and sound.  Some I had to guess actually.  lol.  Hopefully I done good.  lol.  One more box and this stack will be taller than me though, don't ya think?  All of it should fit in the linen closet at the top of the steps on one shelf.  The tree and shop vac box will have to go somewhere in the disasterous spare bedroom.  That's on my list too.  Don't worry.  lol



My sewing room became a total wreck over the holidays.  That's also on my list to organize and spruce up.  It seems maybe my New Year's hopes of a fresh start maybe leading me to actually want to get these rooms back in shape.  I went ahead and told my sis on Christmas day that my latest quilt in progress is for her.  She was tickled to death.  I showed her all the pics on my phone that I had of it in various stages so far and told her that I just have a pink border to throw together and put on it and it's ready to be put together.  Bless her heart, she asked me what I was going to back it with and I told her I wasn't sure yet so she offered a piece of flannel she had bought and decided not to use.  She said she thought it would look awesome considering all the colors in the quilt top and especially since I was putting a final pink border on it.  Well, thanks to and via big bro's pony express, he dropped it off for me the other day and it's so cute.  It's all colors of butterflies.  Perfect for this quilt and if you knew my sister, you'd know this is also so totally going to be her.  So bright and vibrant.  I love that girl.  I'll get some pics of the backing fabric she sent.  I just hope the flannel don't give me fits.  It kinda scurs me.  lol.  Anyway, I need to at least get a corner cleaned in my sewing room to get that going for her.  Now, I can't let her down. 

I also wanted to share this that I almost forgot about.  I didn't know it but apparantly I am a secret Santa.  Yep, can you imagine?  Only, I'm not such a secret one anymore.  If I'd known, I wouldn't a blown my cover.  lol.  My oldest brother bought one of the no sew fleece blanket kits for my sister-in-law Beck.  He asked me to put it together and finish it up so he could give it to her for Christmas.  Well, I put it off and put it off a day or so and then I got it out and took a whack at it.  I so wish I had read the directions and looked at the fabrics first cause I had put it off due to the fact that I thought I'd have some precise measuring and cutting to do and certainly didn't want to mess it up since it was a gift.  I worried for nothing.  This was so easy peasy.  Everything marked and so clear cut.  It could have been alot easier for me had I had a working table surface to work on but as usual every square inch of space was covered so I had to spread it out on the floor.  My only complaint was the pain I was in for about 4 days afterward.  lol.  Wow, does crawling around and reaching while on your knee's give the old gluteous maximus muscles a work out.  Anyway, I blew my cover when I went and fetched it from under the tree to show my sister and cousin.  That's when Beck speaks up and says, "Oh, so you're the secret Santa, eh?"  Well, I guess I am.  How bout that?  I guess Mike told her a secret Santa put it together for him.  Thanks for the head's up bro.  That'll teach me to leave things alone that aren't mine.  lol.  I'll post pics of that later too.

Well, I could yack all day but I got stuff to do starting with a shower.  You all take care.  And thanks to those who left uplifting words when I was whining the other day.  Sorry bout that.  Sometimes we all just need an outside ear.  Thanks for being that for me on that day.  Happy Stitching.

Renee

No comments: