Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sisters Quilt

I think I've decided to put three-2 inch strips on the top and bottom of this and call it a quilt top.  I think I'll just run the strips longways across the width and leave them solid.  No more piecing.  lol.   It's about 47 inches wide now but only 55 inches long.  So I figure putting the extra 6 inches on top and bottom will put it around 67 inches long.  That's long enough.  My sister's short.  lol. 

This next picture is just a clip of the backing fabric she sent me.  She told me tonight just how to piece the back and it doesn't scare me so much now.  It is flannel though.  Grrr.  I haven't had lots o' luck with the flannel in the past.  This looks like good stuff though so we'll see how it quilts.  It will certainly be colorful for sure.  But she'll love it. 


I got sick to my tummy today and didn't do any sewing like I planned.  So far, four of five of us have had some sort of stomach junk since Sunday.  Yuck.  I think I'll do some block cutting tonight though for my next project.  It's already a vision in my head.  It will be baby blue, lavender and yellow.  Some solids, some florals and I want it to be really dainty.  But it's still at this moment only a figment of my imagination.  And since I don't feel like sewing I figure I can at least cut some blocks.  I need to keep busier.  That will do it, won't it?  lol. 

Everyone take care.  Have a good night.

Renee

5 comments:

LuAnn said...

Hi Renee I love the quilt, and your sis will, too. It aleady is a nice lap sized quilt without any more borders. The flannel is pretty. Hope you all feel better soon.

~Niki~ said...

luv it renee! lots of piecing~great job.

Renee said...

Thank you ladies. I'm pretty pleased with it so far. I'm anxious, yet hesitant to start quilting it. I just need to tackle it. lol. And thank you both for coming by. I really appreciate it. Have a great day!

country mouse said...

The quilt looks great! The flannel for the back is really pretty, and makes for such a snuggly quilt. I love to back my quilts with flannel when I can. Sorry to hear you'r not feeling well. Hopefully you're all feeling better soon. Also wanted to say thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog :cD

Renee said...

And thank you country mouse. I believe we are all feeling alot better now. Must a been a little bug amoung us. lol. Thank you for coming by. Take care.