Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Okay Then

While I haven't been around here that much, I have been sewing.  Not making huge progress but sewing none the less and it feels good.  I'll post photos later but for now I wanted to just write.

Last week was rough.  There were just times where I needed to get out of the rut of everyday and do something.  So, I sewed.  I finished making the last pieced border on my latest quilt.  The one I'm giving to my sister.  I had four rows all done but they needed sewn on and then I did this final pink border.  Now I have it plenty wide enough but not quite long enough and not sure where to go from there.  I have to piece the backing which I've never had to do and that frightens me a tad but I'm up for it. 

If I never have to make or look at a pieced border again, I will be thrilled.  This quilt is surely an example of my imagination getting the best of me.  lol.  Somebody kick me if I don't start learning how to use patterns.  lol.  It's not that I can't use one, I just don't like to.  I like unique but sometimes I think my idea of unique is a little off the wall.  haha.  But I'm gonna head that way and get started.  Wish me luck.

Hope you all have time to do some creative things today as well.

Take Care.

Renee

No comments: