Sunday, January 2, 2011

House Decorations

I don't have a huge house so most of the Christmas decorating happens in the living room of our place.  Not too many spare spaces otherwise.  Every inch of the living room has been covered though I can assure you.  lol.  We have a big green aritificial tree.  Tons of decorations, most of them things the kids have made over the years and such.  Last year a small 6' white tree caught my eye.  I wanted it but had to settle for a 4' white tree.  We didn't even dig out decorations last year.  I bought about 8 dollars worth of mini decorations and slapped on it and called it Christmas.  Not this year.  I dug my stuff out and and just put some of our smaller favorite ornaments on the tree and it's so cute.  Very, very bright but cute.  lol.  I'll probably use it as our only tree now at least until I have grand babies and then I'll revert to the big old green monster again. 
Here are some of the decorations on the tree from the good old days.  There are things from my family, hub's family and some things the kids made and such.





Here is Some of my snowman/snowbear collection and just knick knacks because I'm a pack rat.  My brother Mitch is to credit for the large ceramic pieces I have.  I just can't get rid of anything Christmas.  My oldest son will be 25 this year and I still set out the Santa jalopy and Rudolph he got on his 1st Christmas.  lol.



Sorry for the cruddy pics.  It's the camera again.  And my living room is dark to start with cause of the paneling but now I have blankets and dark, dark curtains over the windows so we can see the television that we have.  It's an old, old big screen and if the lighting isn't right, you can't see it for nothin'.  We call it the cave.  lol.  Anyway, thanks for letting me share my holidays with you all.

Renee

1 comment:

LuAnn said...

Hi Renee It's nice to "meet" your family. Looks like you had a good time together. I love your white tree - your decorations are great! You have a lot of those that I remember from years back and wish now that I'd kept them. Happy New Year to you!!