Thursday, December 18, 2008

50th Post

blog

Wowie!! This one sure snuck up on me. I had hoped to be able to do a give-a-way at such a momentus time in my blog career. lol. Sadly as I realized this after my last post the other day, here I am during the holidays broke as a joke and nothing "neat" spare made up at the moment either. So, my apologies for having a party with no gifts but I'm kind of tickled I've got 50 posts already. lol.

I've waited to post to make sure I had something to talk about because I realized shortly after my last post that the next one would put me at fifty. Unfortunately I do not have anything really important to yack about. Can't believe it's one week from now until Christmas. I've started seeing alot of folks on blogs and in forums starting to go ahead and send out Christmas wishes to everyone in case they don't get back before then. I sure hope to but in case I might not, I really want to wish everyone, everywhere a very, very Merry Christmas!!!! Hopefully I will be back before the new year anyway so I'm holding out there. lol. Please remember to share with your loved ones the real meaning of Christmas and praise God!

I also wanted to let everyone know that I did not get my long anticipated and needed haircut the other evening. lol. Nope, I figured sure I would have at least until 6 o'clock on a Sunday to go somewhere and get a haircut but Nooooooo!!!! Fiesta, Best Cuts, Great Clips, ALL closed. I run to Wal-Mart to their in-store place, yeah, they're open but booked til close at 6. It was a quarter til. Dang. We didn't get to leave the house until about 5:20 and we went right down the line to all these places to only find them closed and my last hope with Wal-Mart was getting me pumped and boy did I get my balloon popped when she said she was booked. I think hubby purposely drug his feet that night just so I couldn't get one. He likes me hair long and it can look alot better if I have time to let it air dry and poof with it a while then but that's just it, I don't have time. I pull it up soak and wet everyday into a hair clip because I do deli work and so when I come home and take the clip out, it's still wet and there is nothing you can do with it then. So alas I am still looking like a sheep dog but I won't go get one now because of Christmas coming. This is the last pay to shop for that so no haircut for me. lol. When I do though, I'll let you all know. lol.

Hubby went on his way home last night from work and got the big gift for the boy last night. That alone makes me feel alot better. Just knowing you have that one thing your kid wants whether they get much else or not always makes me feel better. I won't say what he's getting just in case he'd decide now would be a great time to finally check out mom's blog. lol. Let me just say, Best Buy is not my friend. lol. They take entirely way too much money every time we go in that place. lol.

I wish I could go get the shopping all finished up tonight and be done but I think hubby has plans to be in a card game tonight. I don't know if you ladies enjoy poker (texas hold'em specifically) or you have a mate that does but I can't stand it. I have no interest in watching it, learning to play it, playing it or anything else. It's kind of like football. Just not my cup of tea. lol. But, my old man, he's a freak. Can't pass up a good card game. lol. He told me the other day, we'll go Saturday. lol. I just looked at him. I told him if he wanted to be out there the last Saturday before Christmas trying to shop to go right ahead. Of course, I'm sure it's just as bad out there right now tonight as it will be Saturday. That's what we get I guess. Every year I vow to not be in this boat but year after year right here is where I find myself and it just about sucks the life out of me. I think I could actually enjoy the time more if it weren't for all this shopping and money worry.

I've been kind of sick here lately and it got to the point I just stayed home from work yesterday. I left early Monday but Tuesday I was okay and then yesterday morning, man I felt like sin warmed over. I've had this horrible heartburn feeling, and gurgly stomach, kind of watery sounding since last Saturday. It's getting to the point where it is making me sick to my stomach and I think I would feel better if I were to get sick. I've thought of everything under the sun it could be, even thought because my chest has been hurting that I was having a heart attack or something maybe. But I've also had a cough for about 2 months now that I think was causing the chest pain cause now I'm fine. I've though of acid reflux, I've thought of my gall bladder and now I have to stop and wonder if it's not just my nerves. Hubby threatened to send me to the doc if I don't start feeling better so now for all intents and purposes, I am fine. No problems. lol. I have felt pretty good today so far but it wouldn't take much to put me down either. Just feeling kind of punked. I hope everyone else is doing okay. It's no time to be sick.

Well, I have some stuff to do here so I will end for now. Thanks for coming by and visiting on my 50th post. Sorry it wasn't something grand. lol. I hope maybe for the 75th to do a give-a-way. That should be after the New Year when I vow to make some changes for the better and on the positive side. Which means, much, much more sewing and quilting and creating for me.

Hope you all have wonderful and safe holidays.

God Bless,

Renee

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy 50th Post Renee!

It is a shame how much pressure we put on ourselves for the holidays. Really it should just be about family, fun and sharing food. I hope you and your family have Blessed holiday season.

Renee said...

thank you. that's very sweet of you. Merry Christmas to you and your family. it is a shame we do that with the pressure but i haven't found a way to avoid it yet. lol. take care.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Congrats on your 50th!

QuiltedSimple said...

I hope you have a wonderful holiday - you've been busy! I get my haircut in Albion (just north of Ashland, I think). 5.95 for an adult cut, 4.95 for a kids cut. And she does a fantastic job. Merry Christmas!
Kris

Julie said...

Hi, Renee. We have so much on us at Christmas time!! I thought I had all my shopping done and then remembered some kids in the family that I never see but have to buy gifts for. (Their parents will buy gifts for my kids and make me feel guilty if I don't.)
I am like you about poker - HATE it! Much like golf, I am amazed that people actually watch it on TV. How boring can you get?

LuAnn said...

Hi Renee I know we put a lot of pressure on ourselves about the Christmas holiday. It's a shame, but I can't seem to help myself. I always sleep better after I have found that one gift I've been looking for. Now my Christmas cards are in a pile on the table, and I'm here reading blogs. I really wish I'd made more gifts to give, but by the time I get motivated, it's too late. I keep going back and looking at Julie's table with the cute snowman placemats. Next year. I haven't blogged in ages til today. Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas....oh and I agree about Best Buy..Haha LuAnn