Monday, December 29, 2008

All Is Not Lost

I actually was creative this weekend after the Christmas holiday. Saturday I started work on that crayon bag I got an order for and on Sunday I finished it up and started a little doll quilt just for fun. I'm working on my technique and this was a great way to play around and I got a little something cute out of it. lol. I want to make some pillows to go with it and it might go on etsy. I have nothing on there currently. My items I had listed expired and I just don't think I want to re-list some of them and others I want to re-do so I just thought I'd get through the holidays and take another look at my etsy store. I, of course, want to add items and maybe one day actually sell something. lol. With this economy though, who knows what will sell and what won't. And I figure places like etsy will be one of the first and hardest hit. Handmade crafts aren't essentials and not many people I know are going to be spending for the fun of it in the near future. I remain hopeful that we'll pull out of this economic crisis. I'll certainly be cautious but ever hopeful. lol.

I better take this time to wish everyone a safe and Happy New Year. I'm not as faithful at posting as I'd like to be and I just don't want to miss the opportunity to wish everyone out there a safe and prosperous new year.

I'll be working at 5 a.m. New Year's Day. Yippee skippy. Hubby and the boy have the day off but I'll be working 8 full hours. Grrrrrr. I hate to complain about my job, primarily because it is a job right now and they are so hard to find in this town, but it is about to drive me crazy. It's not at all where I want to be or what I want to do but it's the best I can do right now. My hope and dream would be to work from home doing anything, anything at all just so I don't have to leave home. I don't like the outside world much. lol. That's why I sure would love to make a go of etsy. There's just so much competition there. And craft shows and fairs are a problem for me since I don't much like being "out there". lol. If my hubby would go do them with me, I'd do everyone I ran across but he can't and won't so it's not much of an option for me right now.

Well, I wrote a book last time I posted and I don't want to do that this time. lol. So, I'm signing off for the night and am gonna catch up on all you all's blogs. Have a great night. Here's some pics of the weekend progress.

crayon bag
blog

doll quilt front
Photobucket

and the back
Photobucket

Happy Stitching,

Renee

8 comments:

Julie said...

Nice job. I love that Scottie dog fabric!!

QuiltedSimple said...

I love the crayon bags. ANd your doll quilt is so cute. I know what you mean - I'd love to make a go and be successful on Etsy - but this economy stinks! Maybe next year will be "the year"!!
Have a wonderful New Year's - even if you do have to work:(
Kris

Sara said...

I like the doll quilt and crayon bag. Glad you got something creative done. I work New Years at 5 am also, and I work a 10 hour day. I get to come home to a full house of In-laws!

Renee said...

thanks julie. i have a ton of that scottie dog fabric and this is the first time i've cut into it. didn't really know what to use it for but boy it sure came in handy for this little job. have a great new year.

Renee said...

kris, maybe next year. lol. all we can do is try, right? right. lol. good luck to you with it too. have a great new year.

Renee said...

oh sara, i'll be thinking of you. i thought eight hours was bad enough. and to come home to the in-laws, yikes. hang in there girl. happy new year to you.

LuAnn said...

Hi Renee I haven't been blog reading or posting in awhile and just wondered how you're doing. Happy New Year and hope you have lots of time for stitching this year.

Renee said...

thanks luann. same to you. i'll be stopping by soon to visit. take care.