Saturday, December 13, 2008

Gee Whiz, I've Done It Again

I have not posted again in a week now and for that I am very disappointed in myself. I just kinda feel like if I post it ought to be quilting related in some way and lately I haven't quilted anything to post about. lol.

Just been working and under the daily increasing stress of this holiday season. My friends I must admit that while I'm not letting myself get down this year, I am not exactally full of the holiday cheer as of yet either. My family this year has no interest in decorating so it is a task I must undertake myself I guess. If it were not for my son being here, his last year at home maybe, I probably wouldnt' even bother. That makes me feel terrible. May I ask for some thoughts and prayers maybe of some sort of uplifting for this family in that regard that we might have reason to be happy and not let the blues get us down. I would like for this year to be kinda special for Shawn. He'll be 18 in April 09 so who knows? He may have his own place next year and yada, yada. I'm being silly perhaps but it haunts me regardless. So I need to get motivated for his sake I feel. Despite my best efforts in the past few weeks to get the tree up, I hope to get the decorating done tonight. We will see.

I must, absolutely must go get my hair cut today. It is too long and it is so bushy and I dislike it very, very much. lol. In fact I am thinking of going to the extreme maybe with my haircut choice, I dislike it that much. While I'm out I wouldn't mind getting started shopping. I guess we know one gift already that we want to get Shawn and there is no reason to stall. Might as well get it done. Our oldest boy Tony has told me a few things he wants and I don't think they will be a problem to find. It's Miss Stephanie, my new little daughter-in-law that has me stumped. I just absolutely have no idea what she would like for Christmas. Not a clue. lol. Of course I haven't been able to shop as of yet so I haven't asked but I'm anxious to see what she would like. I definately need help. lol.

Shawn's been working since about mid-August and has been saving back a hundred bucks every pay and he is at the point of having saved five hundred dollars. Yay for him. I am so proud of him. He was kinda proud too as we both had to participate in a few picture taking opportunities of him with his newly saved fortune. lol. Sad thing is his car desperately needs tires and a new set will take most of his savings. I am so upset at myself for not being able to help him out with that right now but on the other hand, his brother footed the bill for everything to do with his car and things he wanted to have. I really admire both of my sons and respect them as responsible individuals. I am proud to be their mama. lol.

Here's a few pics of his fortune. He traded me his hundred dollar bill for twenties so he would have more to fan out. lol. lmao. He's so sweet.

blog

blog

I see everyone has been very busy themselves right now this time of year. Lots of pretty projects and food photo's to die for. Lovely homes decorated to perfection. I so enjoy my visits to all of your blogs. They keep me coming back for more. And thank you to everyone who stops by my place here. I love having company. The more the merrier.

Hope to be in touch again soon. Trying to get in the spirit!!! Ho Ho Ho!!!!

Happy Quilting,

Renee

3 comments:

Julie said...

Your sons sound like great guys. And just look at all that money! LOL. Good for him.

Amy said...

Hello, I love the pinwheel quilt for your display.. I have been wanting to make one.. maybe in warmer weather, Thanks for sharing, Have a Merry Christmas

Renee said...

yep, they're good boys. too bad tomorrow we are going to get tires and spend most of that wad of money. lol.

i can probably find that pinwheel pattern again if interested. just let me know and i'll start looking.

thanks ladies for stopping by. have a great night. happy holidays to all of you!!!!