Monday, January 26, 2009

Seventeen Stinking Degrees

Oh my gosh. I really hate to be a whiner but I am so sick of this cold weather that I can't hardly take it. I froze at work today, I froze in the car, I froze at the doctor's office and I am still freezing at this moment in my house right in front of the register.

I work in a convenience store so the door is open and shut all day long so of course it's not going to feel like a heatwave in there on a day like today but it was only sixty degrees in that place and customers were complaining that it was cold. Must be something wrong with the furnace cause it was set on 74 and it was, like I said, sixty degrees. My feet got cold and wet somehow, not sure how cause I didn't get them wet at all this morning and I haven't been warm since. I went to the doctor and the kid's car used to have a heater that would run you out of the car but he's been complaining about it lately and no one has had time to check it out and let me tell you, he has a problem with the heater now. That trip, not just once, but twice across town, because I got all the way to the doctor's office on the other side of town, signed in and went to hang my coat up and realize, I forgot my stinking money. Crap!!!! So, instead of rescheduling they told me to just hurry and get it and come right back, so that's what I did, with little to no heat most of the trip(s). I finally got home around three and put on dry socks and shoes but I still am not warm. I tried to rest my eyes earlier and I put a blanket over me for about twenty minutes and that is the best I've felt all day.

I haven't seen or heard the official weather but everybody and his brother has told me today that we are expecting these temps and snow for the majority of the week ahead. Yay!(sarcastic). I so have appreciation for folks that work outside or are in and out all day long. God bless them cause I couldn't do it. lol. I think of all those who don't have warm homes and warm clothes to wear in this cold weather. The thoughts of the little ones going to school in tennis shoes right now about breaks my heart. You know their little feet stay cold and wet all day long.

I just have to share this other thought that that previous comment above spurred a memory of, an incident here just yesterday here at my house. My son, Tony is a huge Steelers fan and of course he's all excited about the upcoming Super Bowl. He got on ebay yesterday to see if there were any tickets for sale. He told me that one deal for tickets was at $140,000.00. I almost seen red. I got on my soap box just a little bit and made the comment that I think it's ridiculous that football tickets are selling for more money than alot of people pay for their home. Then that led to the comment that I think it's just great that someone is cashing in on that kind of frivilous money when there are people homeless and hungry in this country. It makes me ill. Poor kid! lol. Bet he won't be telling me about ticket costs in the near future. lol.

I'm trying to wrap it up here. It's just the more I write, the more I think of to write. lol. Anyway, I did go to the doc today. Feel alot better just knowing I took the first step to feeling better. Aside from him telling me I was going to die, seriously, if I didn't take my thryoid medicine, all went fairly well. I used to have hypo thyroidism but then I did the radio active iodine treatment and now it doesn't function at all BUT according to all of my past bloodwork, I do not need the medication. The last time I went to the doctor, he put me back on them just to control the growth of a goiter/nodule on my thyroid gland. When I told him that, he said, oh well, maybe you'll be okay then but we'll need some blood work to make sure. He said I would just feel like I was choking if I didn't take it and I told him I was there now. So I'm sure I'll be going back on them for that purpose. I got my old friend back, the effexor for anxiety/depression plus I got xanax to hold me at bay with the anxiety until the effexor kicks in. And we talked about the counselling, he thinks I could benefit. And I wanted to know that since I have both anxiety and depression if I was bi-polar or not and he said absolutely not. He said it's totally different and mania lasts for days/weeks not just a day or two of ups and downs here and there. That meant the world to me to hear because all the reading I've done on the topic in some way sounds very familiar to me just not so blatant like mania is described. So, basically I feel like I am not a lunatic but just need a little help getting it back on track here. lol.

The main reason I wanted to post is that I wrote a couple more little ditty's over at AC I wanted to share. Below are the links to the articles.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1419029/tales_from_the_mother_of_a_teenage.html?cat=25

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1418019/where_do_i_begin_the_most_proud_moment.html?cat=25

Probably won't be sewing tonight. I hope everyone else is being creative and have had a good start to their weeks. Take Care.

Renee

7 comments:

Sara said...

Don't you just love Effexor? I used to take it but had to switch because our insurance wouldn't cover so now I take Celexa and we just upped my dose. It seems to be helping! Hope everything works out for you!

QuiltedSimple said...

You really need to listen to the weather. From 5 tonight until 4 p.m. tomorrow - 6-10 inches of snow. High of 21 today (right now it's 16 degrees) and high of 22 tomorrow - isn't that icky????Anyhow, I hope you get warm and get your meds all straightened out and get to feeling better. And I am going to Save A Lot in Ashland when I get off work here today (got to get stocked up on toilet paper - hehe). Any other good stores in town that are NOT Wal-mart???? And do you need eggs? We are swimming in them at the moment.....
Kris

Renee said...

thank you sara. i know it will be okay once i get stuff in my system. effexor worked really well for me before but because of the insurance is why i thought i'd take a break from them but it's obvious that time is not now. lol. i hope you are doing well on your new meds and they get the dose correct for you. take care and thanks for stopping by.

Renee said...

kris, i have heard and seen some official reports on the weather today and it's a good thing you are going to save a lot today. lol. we'll go when hubby gets home and grab a few things i'm sure. as far as eggs, i'm sorry but my brother raises them too and he's always bringing them in. but thank you anyway. could you use some cartons? i have a very large stack on my refrigerator that i keep forgetting to give to bro when he comes in so if you need some, i'd be more than happy to get them to you. just let me know. stock up and stay warm. take care.

Unknown said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I'm beginning to realize that if I had a sewing room then I'd feel isolated from the rest of the family. I guess sewing in my dining room and kitchen keeps me in the hub of things.
After reading this post I think you might have some hormonal issues going on. I would find a good GYN and have my hormone levels tested. If they are not in balance then you think you're losing your mind.

Renee said...

hi milah. thanks for stopping by. i love seeing your blog. i loved the video of the song "your eyes". i hum that to myself quite often. it's a lovely song. i think you might be onto something about the isolation of a sewing room. it does seperate you from the family. i'd almost rather drive them nuts with the machine at the kitchen table and have them turn up the tv than be over there not bothering them at all. it's what i do best here. lol. believe it or not i have done the hormone tests already and i'm still good there. just the thyroid and chemical imbalance deal seem to be culprits. i sure wish they'd go away. lol. but thanks for the advice. have a great day.

Julie said...

Wow, those thyroids are interesting things, aren't they? I have one friend who has cancer of the thyroid right now, so I guess you can look at the bright side that you don't have that.
I cannot imagine how cold it is where you live. It has been in the 50's here and I have been feeling cold.