Monday, September 6, 2010

February Through September

Whoa!!!! Man where did that part of my life get to? Isn't it crazy how fast this year is blowing by? Evidently, it has for me anyway huh? lol. It's kind of sad really. I always find myself about this time of year wondering where my time went and what I did with it so far for the year. And on this day of reflection, I can tell you all that it hasn't been spent sewing like I wish it had of been. I've lurked around in quilting blog land a tad now and then when I had time but not like I should have so if you all get a minute, drop me a line and let me know what you've been up to with your time this summer. Any major projects started? Completed? Doesn't even have to be sewing related. What about flower and vegetable gardens? Kids sports and activities? I'm happy to hear about all of it.

I did finish that Carhart purse I last posted about. I don't have any pictures of it because as soon as I got it done I loaded it up with my junk and am still carrying it. But I'll still get a pic of it on here soon so you can see this crazy idea for what it turned out to be. lol. I really like it and when I'm done using it my sister has already called dibs on it. lol.

Honey had taken me garage sale-ing last fall and I found this sweet little white metal canopy baby doll crib. I started putzing with that for awhile. I wanted to really go all out on it but my enthusiasm soon waned as I realized I didn't have a great way to attach a canopy to it. It is missing parts there somewhere because there are hooks on each corner of it to attach something. Just not sure what. lol. I'm assuming it was some kind of curved rod to attach a canopy to. I thought I'd have hubby take it to work and remove those hooks for safety reasons and just do some sort of elastic, stretchy type of canopy cover but nothing really struck me as a good idea. I'll post a pic of it and perhaps you all could give me some input. I'd appreciate it because I am totally at an impasse with it. My mind is roadblocked to the notion. lol. I wanted to do a bed skirt on it too but for the life of me I'm stuck there too. Because of the way it's made at the bottom, I'm afraid if I use an elastic piece on that it will stick out too far and look weird. I'm such a weirdo. I worry about some of the craziest things. lol. Another reason I could maybe just use some tips from folks who know what they are doing. lol. I spend all this time thinking about this project and then I had to step back and realize it's only a doll baby bed. Know what I'm saying? Geez, maybe that's where all my time goes now that I think of it-Procrastinating projects. (Shakes Head) I think we all know how daydreaming about sewing can be an obstacle sometimes. lol.

Just recently I started making a blue jean purse/tote for my sister-in-law. I think she's using it as a gift though so I didn't finish it up until I was able to see her and get a go ahead on it. I wasn't crazy about the way it was turning out so I wanted to make sure it was what she wanted before I went ahead and did anymore to it. Saw her Saturday and turns out she loves it so I have to get that done.

Just last week I decided to sit back down and try to do some sort of quilting. For whatever reason I had a hankering to do some piecing. My sister had given me all kinds of pre-cut blocks some time ago and I've pondered and pondered (another example of my daydreaming. lol.) of what to do with those so I just started whacking out all kinds of little 2 inch squares for a couple of days. Bonnie Hunter does wonderful things with two inch squares. Heck, she does wonders with whatever she touches. I guess she was my inspiration for doing that. Anyway, I had gotten together a whole hosts of colors of squares and at one point thought about making a big quilt out of them all but then the notion of making a big quilt put me right off. I'm in no mood to tackle that kind of project and have it laying around for months so I did a doll quilt out of the yellow color scheme using some of the ugliest individual fabric I've ever seen, however, I think it really, really turned out super cute. I had to use a color I'll call Cheddar and again, Bonnie Hunter is to blame cause she really likes that color and seeing how she uses it gave me the guts to throw it in on this mix and I'm not disappointed. I'll have to post all my pics at another time though. I have that to quilt and it's done. I suppose it could be used as a doll quilt, a table topper, or baby changing/tummy time pad. Why limit myself right? lol.

It's just been due to my attitude, circumstances and health that I haven't been much engaged in my passions and projects these last several months. It's my own fault I don't have more to show for my time. lol. That's also another story for another time. lol. But, I also haven't been doing much computing because my computer went kaput!!!! Poof, gone like yesterday. lol. That put a major, major crimp in my lifestyle for awhile now. Until just recently that is. My good friend, Melissa has sold me a lovely Dell, on payments even. Needless to say I should be able to keep in touch a little bit better now. We'll see. I do daydream alot you know? lol.

Unfortunately I do have a house to clean today too so I will sign off for now. I hope there is someone out there still hanging around. lol. Stop by anytime and I will do my best to reciprocate. Have a great Labor Day. Enjoy!!!!

Renee

2 comments:

LuAnn said...

Hi Renee...It's good to see you back again. I kept you on my followers list because I knew you were just taking a long break. Keep stitching on those doll quilts, and one of these days you will want to do something bigger. There's nothing that says we have to do king-sized quilts to enjoy what we are doing. I've finished my Dear Jane top....still need to figure out about the quilting. Pop on over to my blog to have a look when you get time. It's good to see you back blogging again. Take care.

Renee said...

Hi LuAnn. Thanks for stopping by. Good to hear from you. You're a busy little woman aren't you? lol. Your Dear Jane is lovely. Good luck figuring out which quilting option you want to use. I'll be anxious to see the finished product when you get that done. I'm debating giving hand quilting a go on my latest doll quilt. Keep up the great work. You do a lovely job. Stop back when you can.