Sunday, September 26, 2010

Getting Ready to Re-Vamp A Purse

It got so late on me yesterday that I didn't get back at the denim purse last night but I am going to get ready and work on it here soon. 

I played with my template last night and came up with this current one.  The photo at the top now is of our cherry plum tree early this Spring.  I thought it just made a dynamite shot with that gorgeous blue sky in the background.  I have full shots of the tree but unfortunately they are cluttered with the sights of my neighbors back yard.  I have seen some amazing photography on the blogs I surf so I thought I'd try some odd angles that I might not ordinarily use to take a pic and this is the result.  I liked it.  Captured the beauty of the day and not the neighbors Ford Ranger and car ramps.  lol.  Believe it or not that tree is like completely nekkid now.  lol.  It's pitiful.  Well, of course now I have to tell the story of this tree.  I don't have to but I want to.  lol.

Our youngest boy, Shawn brought this little twig home one day in a plastic bag and said he had gotten it at school for Arbor Day.  Hmm.  Nice.  I never planted a tree before.  Didn't have a clue where to put it.  It currently is the one and only tree on our lot.  We are bordered by trees pretty well but this is our only one.  Anyway, I planted it out back in a spot I thought it could occupy for awhile.  I never dreamed it would survive but it grew a little more each year and just finally got to the point where it needed some trimming these last few years so we've been trimming it away trying to get it more tree like than shrub like and it has finally fruited after all these years.  I can't say for sure how long we've had it but I'd say Bud was about 6 when he brought it home so it's been roughly 13 years we've had this tree.  We still haven't figured out when the best time to harvest those fruits are but we haven't really looked into it either.  We had some this year that were great as far as the fruit goes on the inside but the skin of these little boogers is so sour and dry and "pithy".  Nas-tay.  I've briefly read where they make great jam and marmelade but I don't think I'd have the patience to work with them.  The fruit is like the name says, cherry plum like.  Quite a bit bigger than a cherry but not as big as a plum.  Hang in there, I'm about done with this boring tree story.  lol.  When I planted it I never dreamed I'd put in a garden but a couple years later I did.  Right beside the tree.  It was still small so it didn't affect the garden.  These past few years since it's grown have been a different story.  lol.  Live and learn.  I'll just have to make a new garden spot and use the current one for flowers only.  That wouldn't break my heart.  I love flowers.

Speaking of flowers.  I thought I'd share some gorgeous shots I got of some of my flowers in bloom this year.  Here goes.










That's all I got for now.  Must get busy.  Over and Out! 

Renee

No comments: