Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Finish Number 3

Well, my house isn't clean and laundry isn't done yet but the purse is.  Tah dah!!!!  I'm happy with it and have let the sister-in-law unit know it's ready.  Woo hoo!!!  I love making progress.  lol.



I love the ribbon on the handles and the fabric the sash is made of was some of the first I ever bought.  I hated like everything to cut into it and now I am on my last little hunk of it.  There are tons of pockets in the purse.  And for cuteness I took a clasp off of a pair of bibs and sewed on so it will hook over the button on the purse and fasten.  It's a big ole thang.  lol.  I made it out of size 13 levi's.  But I was told she wanted a big one, a tote sort of thing.  So, here we have it.  I just hope they like it.  This girl it is for wanted one back in May when they all went on a trip to Berlin. The $60.00 price tag scared her though. Do you think $30.00 is too much to ask? I'd like some input if you have any please.

Well, now back to the other dreaded work I got to do around here. Take care.

Renee

2 comments:

LuAnn said...

Glad you got the purse finished...so cute. Sometimes we just have to sit down and sew and let the rest of the work go for awhile. I need to go to the grocery, and I'm sitting here surfing blogs. Have a nice day.

Renee said...

You are so right LuAnn, the extra time and pains I took with that purse made me feel great about the finished product. If that purse ever falls apart, I will eat it. Lol. Thanks for coming by today.