Saturday, September 25, 2010

Some Photos At Last

Here is the Carhart Purse I had talked about clear back in February. I am still carrying this old thing but I'm about ready for a new one.

I made the handle out of the straps from an old pair of Carharts.


Of course I had to make sure the logo was prominent somewhere.

It is just a tote. There are no pockets inside. I figured it had all of them on the outside so I didn't bother.

This is the purse for my sister-in-law. I'm not crazy about it and wanted to scrap it but she's waited so long. I took a break from it and took my pictures and now I have an idea of how to leave it as it is only gussy it up a bit. I'll post those pics another time.

The handles definately need shortened. I'm going to add a decorative ribbon on the handles so they aren't so plain jane looking.

I've had this baby quilt pictured on here before a long time ago but it never was finished. Shhh....Don't tell. All it needed was the binding sewed down on all four corners. Now it is and I call it Finish #1. lol.

This is a close up view to show my first ever attempt at stipple quilting. I won't say it was easy at all and nowhere near perfect but I'm pleased with it.


This was the nicest quilt to put together that I have ever made. I used a blanket for the batting instead of traditional quilt batting and it is so nice. It's sturdy, it's heavy. The only thing is it aint so pretty!!! lol. I mean, I think it's cute but something about the colors to me just aren't the most attractive even though they accent each other. I think I need help on that one-color coordinating. lol.

This is a close up so you can see why I chose the solid color blocks that I did. I think there just might be too much of them and not enough print blocks and I'd like it better. Oh well. It only needed on little seam from one block corner to another, less than an inch and a half I kid you not but it took me this long to do that little seam. It's done now and it's called Finish #2. I've also had this quilt on the blog before long ago. I think I will get them ready for ebay tonight. It's not quite the work I want to put on my etsy site. This one has obvious tie offs and knots on the back. I thought they'd shrink up to unnoticeable after it was washed and dried but, uh, not so much.
The little girly one above is okay except for the binding and I also added a zig-zag stitch around it to secure it the other day when I was working on it. And I think it made it look tacky. It was one of the first bindings I did and it was nowhere near right. The zig-zag stitch basically just secured it. I coulda done better but I'm done with it. I'm moving on. lol.
I had challenged myself yesterday, Friday, to finish up the denim purse and start another project but my plans got derailed, big time. I didn't even pick up sewing yesterday. I got back at it today though and while I'm still on the purse, I have a renewed hope in a finished product when I get back at it. Which I better do. You all take care. Happy Weekend and Happy Stitching.
Renee

2 comments:

LuAnn said...

Great job on the quilting Renee. Cute quilt.

Renee said...

Thank you. I appreciate it. Have a great day.