Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lordy, Lordy, Look Who's Forty!!!!

blog


And look at who's home from work sick for the second day. This is my poor, poor honey. Yesterday, the 13th was his big 4-0. He felt lousey. Poor honey. Not even a good home cooked meal made him feel much better. And he didn't even eat a piece of his birthday cake. He was a good sport though. We had Tony and Steph over and Shawn and his girlfriend were here and we had a little birthday dinner for him. I just wish he had felt better.

I talked to him about an hour ago and he said he feels pretty good today so far. It's snowing to beat the band here again and he works in Mansfield which is about a 25 minute drive normally but in this weather, it takes forever for him to get home. Plus after work tonight he has to stay over for his big review/evaluation. That in itself could take hours. lol. So, I don't know when I'll see him but I sure can't hardly wait for him to walk through the door at night, especially tonight. Sometimes I feel like I am wayyyy, wayyy too dependant on him. He truly is my other half and I just don't feel whole without him. I misses him when he's not here. lol.

I tried sewing the other day and I kept having one interuption right after the other and at one point I just decided to give up on it for the day and I haven't made it back over there yet. lol. I had some little triangle squares left over from that horrid tablerunner I made sometime back so I pieced some of those together and made twelve little 3 3/4" squares. I was in the progress of putting denim sashing in between them when I decided to give up that day. I have three more pieces of the denim to put in length wise and then I have to go across it yet and then I guess I'll have me another little baby doll quilt top. I just don't have it in me right now to tackle a project like a baby quilt so I'm playing around with this and that and I like making the little quilts so I can work on my technique. Plus, when I get done I just might have me a whole little stash of baby doll quilts to give out to my little girl buddies. lol.

Shawn's girlfriend asked me last night if I could make a t-shirt memory quilt out of her cheering t's. She explained to me the one her friend had and I'm sure it will be pretty easy to make one. I just have my sewing room such a wreck again that I couldn't dare tackle such a project until I do something in there. And there just don't seem to be enough hours in the day to do all the things I have to do, let alone the things I want to do. lol. I don't know if I mentioned it but a friend of mine has asked me to make a quilt out of a top her grandma made. It is lovely. I want to say it is a trip around the world pattern but now that I think of it, I can't say that just yet without checking again. lol. It's so pretty though. I'll have to photo the top and show you guys. I'm scared to death to tackle that job too but I'm going to. How will I ever get over my fear of making a full size quilt if I don't just try it?

What's everyone else doing? I just love seeing what all ideas everyone has. Sometimes I think I spend too much time sitting here on the computer admiring other folk's goodies than actually working on some of my own. lol. I used to look at baby quilts on etsy til my eyes crossed. lol. After I'd found myself sitting looking for ever, I'd kind of get ticked at myself cause I'd spent that time just sitting here basically instead of doing something productive. lol. oh well. When you need ideas, you have to do your research. lol.

Speaking of research, I got an article due on Associated Content today or tomorrow so I better get busy on that. It's one of those I wish I hadn't sign on for after the fact. If I hadn't responded to the call, it wouldn't be a big deal but I did and they have deadlines and I'm afraid if I don't submit an article I claimed that they may not let me claim them in the future and/or not let me write for them period. So, I'm off. It's a silly little article about French Baby Names. I'll post the link once it's published.

Meantime, Happy Quilting to All.

Renee

4 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

Oh I hope he gets to feeling better. It is so cold here - I'm hoping it warms up soon. Stay warm!
Kris

Renee said...

thanks kris. he's alot better already. and as far as warming up, i wish that too but it's gonna be a couple days sounds like huh? tomorrow is the worst scenario in the forecast so far. you all keep warm too. be safe if you have to travel in it.

The Southern Mom said...

Awww...hope hubby feels better soon!

And what's this? You haven't made a full size quilt? Now girl...you know it's only a baby quilt...just a little bigger! And a t-shirt quilt? No problem...that was actually the first quilt I ever did! No fear!

Renee said...

thank you southern mom for all the very kind words of encourgagement. i'll get there. lol. just like the icon in kris' comment up there, i'm a big old chicken right now. lol. thanks for coming by and encouraging me.

oh and by the way, hubby is feeling alot better. he managed to go to work wednesday and make it all day and since then he's been good to go. take care.