Sunday, January 25, 2009

Soup Bean Sunday

I don't know about all of you but around here a soup bean Sunday equals a disinfectant Monday. lol. Oh, but the smell of beans cooking and the taste of a fresh pot of soup beans with some ham is too irresistable to let that stop me. lol.

I've had a pretty good weekend all in all and am winding down the day here just me and honey. Shawn is at work and he hates beans anyway so I thought this was a perfect cold night to eat a nice warm bowl of beans. I've cheated though. I have found that Save-A-Lot sells cans of great northern beans. I used to buy them in jars but here they are now in a can for like .39 cents or something. Two cans of those with a few thick slices of ham chopped up and some bread and butter and wha-lah, half an hour later, you have a little feast for around three dollars. Quick, cheap and easy, what else could a girl ask for? lol.

I worked on a purse today for my daughter in law. This silly purse is her most favorite purse and of course it's a seventy five dollar purse to boot but the dang strap broke on it. It's not as easy as it sounds. lol. These handles have two straps and they are tied in a knot down around where they attach to the purse. Well, we thought we had the knot right. Twice, we thought we had the knot right and as soon as I'd get done sewing it and tug on the strap, out came the knot. Grrr. Walked away from that one too. lol. Well, here a little while ago I got mad and got down to business and fixed it, finally. And now she loves me so it was all worth it. lol. I don't know how long it will hold but at least I tried and she should be able to get some more use out of it.

Photobucket

I did not work on my quilt top of many colors except for taking off the last two rows because they didn't line up and I refuse to try and work with it like that. Tomorrow I might try to fix that and get them sewn back on. We will see. It will depend on what the doc tells me tomorrow as to what I will get into when I get home. I have some questions for him that I am not leaving until he answers me and the answers may send me running to my bedroom to cry and sleep for days. lol. Let's hope not. lol.

Everybody keep on stitching and have a good evening. Hope you all have great weeks.

Renee

4 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

Ok - you've been on a roll! I love your quilt top - very good. And where is there a Save a Lot (other than Wooster)????? I love bean soup - but hate soaking the beans all day. Too bad the weekend weather wasn't like Friday - that was NICE!!! Have a great week at work!
Kris

Renee said...

thanks kris. i can't wait to put that little quilt together for some reason. lol. there is a save a lot in ashland on center street right across from home hardware in the old hawkins building. i hate cooking the beans all day too and i never quite get them right that way so the canned ones work perfect for us. hope you find some. and yes, friday's weather would be great. this is just terrible. we had six degrees today. blah. lol. take care. thanks for coming by.

Stephanie said...

Hi Renee, the quilt top looks great, funny how the "easy" ones always become fidgity. Keep your chin up, I always get the winter blues/blahs as well. MMMM soup, I love any kind of soup! Have a good day!

Renee said...

32.5, thanks for stopping by. i can't wait to do this quilt. i found this awesome sheet at goodwill that I am using for the backing. i know this "funk" i'm in will pass but i sure wish it would hurry. warm weather is so much nicer than cold. lol. i'm not near as grumpy in the spring/summer. lol.