Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mental Health Day

Hey friends. I hope this finds everyone well. I am doing alright. I have played hookie today from work and I don't care who knows it. lol. I had a real bad day yesterday and I made arrangements for someone to cover me today so I could have a moment to collect myself and my thoughts. I've not done a whole lot with my spare time but I slept in, well I fell back asleep since hubby forgot to turn off the alarm and it woke me up at 4:30. I got up and spent some time with him before he left but I laid on the couch and crashed. I probably could have done that all day. But, I didn't. The main thing I wanted to accomplish today was contacting my doctor. It is quite obvious to me now that I need to go back on my anti-depressant/anxiety medicine until I can learn to cope with a few things I have hanging over me right now. I've resisted some type of counselling for a long, long time now but I feel it's time to give it a whirl. But first thing is first. I have an appointment Monday with my doc to get a script for the medicine and I will talk with him about where to go for some counselling. I'm not a danger to myself or anyone or anything like that but I have lost my will I think. I am a whipped pup right now.

I haven't sewn in a few days. That bugs me. I keep hoping I'll get inspired and get my groove on but it's just not there for me right now. So, I live vicariously right now through you all on your blogs. lol. I'm especially impressed with Kris over at Quilted Simple. She is tearing it up already this year with projects. Her latest works have been vintage sheet quilts. Love the one she has posted on her blog right now. It's an awesome idea too. I tried to get hubby to take me to Goodwill the other day when we were right beside it but he was in a hurry to get back home so I let it go. Maybe tonight he'll take me. That's the only reason I go to thrift stores these days mainly is to look for fabric finds. And I don't get out often to do that. lol. But, I love to read all the blogs and couldn't for the life of me name a favorite right now. I just enjoy seeing what everyone else is doing and having that option available to me is one of the few joys I have to look forward to right now. So, keep being creative and keep posting those pics of your lovely items and finds.

Happy Stitching All,

Renee

5 comments:

~Niki~ said...

You deserve better mental health! This is coming from someone who lives on anti-depressants and anti-anxiety pills lol. I haven't been to a counselor in over a year and seriously need to also. Get some help! There's a bunch of good help out there. prayers and hugs! i'm here if you want to talk .

Anonymous said...

Renee' you need to call the doctors office and see if you can get in there or see if they have some samples to give you....its horrible to be depressed...I'll be looking for some sunshine in your blogs....Eileen

Renee said...

thanks ladies. i know it will get better but it's just getting there that seems like it can't come fast enough right now. lol. today was a better day for me than i've had in a few so that's encouraging. thanks again.

Juryizstillout said...

You take care of yourself...and I like the new look of your blog.;)

Renee said...

i'm on the right road beth. i go see the doc monday. i hate to medicate again but i sure don't like to feel like this either. and thanks for the blog comment. i wasn't sure when i first sat it up but i do kind of like it. i guess my favorite is the 4 column feature. thanks again for coming by.