Saturday, October 2, 2010

Ho Hum!!!

Well, we sure did have good intentions for today.  haha.  That's right, I said had good intentions.  Why is it that when you make the best of plans that nothing ever seems to go accordingly?  Ever have those days?  Despite our best efforts, honey and me have had a somewhat disappointing day. 

We have been without a vehicle for literally months now.  We had nothing but trouble with our old car since December of 09.  Basically it started nickle-diming us to death.  We just decided to sell it for scrap about 3 or 4 weeks ago.  I was so sad to see it go but I couldn't bear one more problem with it.  My husband's boss has to be one of the kindest men on earth as he has let honey use a work vehicle for all these months we've been without wheels.  It is so very kind of him but I have always felt like it was taking advantage and the more time went by, the worse I was feeling about it.  Plus I was never allowed to drive it of course so I have felt stranded for a long, long time now.  The kids have loaned me theirs once in awhile but I just so hate to drive other folks' cars.  Anyway, we finally bought one.  An el cheapo, no frills, well used older vehicle. 

We knew going in that it needed brakes.  Okay, no problem.  Honey can do brakes in his sleep now.  But we didn't want to chance driving it as it was so we waited until today to go down to the girls house we bought it from and he was going to put the brakes on it and we'd be on our way home with it.  I went and got insurance, plates and brakes for it yesterday.  He planned for today off and we planned to go do this and get on home.  Sounds easy peasy right?  Hah!  Let me tell ya, it was a far cry from easy.

I thought he would never get the hub off the brake thingy whatchamacallit but finally he did.  Yoo hoo.  Making progress now.  He does his thing and he goes to put the hub thingy majig back on and it won't go.  Grrrrrr.  Okay, we got it finally.  Puts it all back together and decides to go ahead and do the other side while he's all set up with his tools and such.  Man, that second hub came off lickity split and we both began to think we were in the final stretches then.   Hold the fort, hold the fort, guess what?  The wheel cylinder was broken.  But fear not, he thought it would get us home anyway so he proceeded.  By this time the girl we bought from showed up and her and I were yacking and all of the sudden honey alerts us that he's just shut us down.  WHAT?  The cylinder completely gave way and fluid starts going everywhere.  Nice, real nice.

He rounded up some of his stuff and put it out of sight and we headed for the parts store.  But alas, guess what?  No part in stock.  I'm still trying to smile during this time but hubby's is fading and his belly's growling by this time.  Sweet.  I called two other stores, no part.  Stop at one more store and they were closed.  We ended up having to order the part and can't get it til they open at 9 a.m. Sunday morning.  Man, tomorrow was an R and R day around here til now.  lol.  Since he didn't go ahead and put all of his stuff away at the car site since he thought he'd be back to fix it, we had to run all the way back down there and put his tools away and lock it all up and leave our new car propped up on a jack and minus one wheel.  lol.  Oh my, please tell me this isn't a sign of things to come with this car.  lol.  Yeah, I'm laughing now but I wasn't so happy earlier.

I just know they better have that part at 9 in the morning or it's liable to get ugly round here.  lol.   Here is our new La Bomba:



It's a 95 Mazda Protege.  We had a 94 Buick Park Avenue.  Loved, loved, loved that car.  Supercharged, with heat and radio controls right on the steering wheel.  Guess you could say we're taking it down a notch.  lol.  Here she is as she went off to the good old car graveyard:















Well, this post certainly hasn't been about sewing or quilting or anything fun at all.  I guess I just needed to get it off my chest.  Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow!  Hope you all are having a better day.  Here's wishing everyone a great weekend.

Renee

No comments: