Sunday, November 21, 2010

Forgive Me For The Absence

In Loving Memory
of
Rose Brinker
1939-2010
My apologies again for my lack of posts.  Just before I hit publish on my last post here, I received a text and my husband received a phone call within seconds of each other to tell us that a long time family friend had passed away.  I was so flustered that I just hit publish and walked away from this computer and haven't really looked back yet.  It wasn't really a shock to know that she had passed because she had been so sick but it still hurts no matter how much you think you're prepared.  Even as only a friend of the family.  Her children are deeply hurt and her dear husband is being so strong.  Her services are tomorrow and even though they aren't my thing (funerals), my husband and I are going.  We are best friends with one of her sons and close with most all of the other kids.  Her granddaughter Melissa is very near and dear to me and I think the world of her and her family.  They're like family to us and Rose will be deeply missed by more than she knew.  Please pray for Rose's family for strength and guidance during this difficult time in their lives.

Seems like this world is losing several of it's gems lately.  I used to work in a convenience store across the street from my house.  I've worked there five different times over a course of 22-23 years and trust me I've gotten to know alot of the locals and they've gotten to know me and where I lived and such.  Just real close little neighborhood place and good people for the most part.  Mostly old timers were the devoted ones you saw everyday rain or shine.  Just two weeks ago one of my favorite old timers was laid to rest and it saddened me deeply cause if there is one thing the world needs, it's more people like good old Jim.  He'd always make you smile, most often belly laughing was more appropriate to describe what he would make you do.  lol.  So sweet too.  Loved his wife more than life itself.  I just shake my head and wish so bad that we wouldn't lose anymore of these wonderful folks that God has put into our lives when they are needed today so much more than ever in this ugly old world we live in. 

Tuesday I have to go help my sister again with her computer.  I hope I find some time in between now and Wednesday anyway to catch up with everybody again and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.  I know it will be a busy week for alot of us so if I miss anybody this week, I hope to be back at it next week after the holiday.  Everyone take care.  Enjoy your Sunday afternoon.

Happy Stitching,

Renee

2 comments:

LuAnn said...

Hi Renee Sorry about the loss of your friend. I'll be thinking about you.

Renee said...

Thank you LuAnn. She'll be greatly missed.