Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Has It Really Been That Long?

I changed from a yucky white sheet to this navy blue one on my "design wall".
I think it makes stuff more visible maybe, kinda like dramatic.  lol. 


Good Grief.  I am sorry I haven't posted in so long.  Phew, has time just gotten away from me here the last few weeks.  And I really have no excuses.  I guess I'm in one of my funks right now and having a hard time shaking it.  But, as they say, this to shall pass.  I haven't been sewing anything.  I cleaned my room the other day and put up a new sheet for a design wall but that's as far as I got.  I cannot get off my duff and do the stuff I need to do, let alone the stuff I think I'd like to do.  I just hate it.  I'm worried about having to make another trip back to my friendly doctor.  I'm overdue for some blood work and just putting it off for financial reasons but the cruddier I feel, the more I know I need it and should just go get it done and see what he suggests from there.  I'm worried about going back cause I know he'll holler at me because I haven't started any counselling.  He thinks that is my cure.  I am scared I may need my medicine dosage upped and who likes that crap?  lol.  One's as bad as the other.  I'm not going to counselling because I don't have anything to say to anybody.  It would totally stink to up my med's but I'd almost rather.  I don't know.  Enough of that.  If any of you who pray out there might say a little one for me pretty please that this "cloud" will pass, I'd appreciate it.

I'm forcing myself into action by throwing the family Thanksgiving dinner next week.  I seem to thrive on deadlines and under pressure so what better way to motivate yourself to clean your nasty house than the thoughts of about 20 people coming to eat with you.  lol.  I hope that maybe that motivation might lead me to be motivated elsewhere in my life too.  Like towards sewing.  lol.  And then I guess I might get inclined to look for a job.  I so do not want to.  I am just not ready but with bills to pay, there isn't much choice.  I'd work from home tomorrow if I could find the niche but venturing out into the work force again has me scared to death.  Panic attack mode isn't how I like to roll but I gotta do what I gotta do. 

Anyway, good news on a couple of fronts.  Praise the Lord for all the kids.  First of all, my youngest son Shawn has gotten his first real full-time job since he graduated last year.  Yeah!!!!  He's been working since he's been old enough and he's been a cook at a local restaurant for two years now but he wasn't getting the hours he needed and certainly not a very good wage.  He's 19 now and I know he's chomping at the bit to get a place of his own and buy nice things fellas his age like to have and I'm real happy for him to get this chance to dive in to the working world.  I knew a long time ago that going on to school wasn't an option for this one so I've decided to support him in whatever he does pursue and this really seems like a good solid job for a young guy.  He's been working 50 hours a week.  Doesn't mind the work but he's not crazy about his hours.  He works from 3 p.m. until 1 a.m.  The regular shift is 3-11 but they don't see a let up in sight on the overtime so that's a real good sign.  Hopefully it means job longevity.

This second bit of news is also just wonderful in my opinion.  My daughter-in-law, Stephanie, just today got her very first full-time nursing job.  Of course this position will definitely make a difference in their lives.  They have worked very hard during the course of their relationship and marriage and I am very proud of both her and Tony.  Such drive and goals for younger adults.  I even admire them.  Steph went into nursing school right out of high school and just graduated this June.  She tested, passed and was licensed as an RN in August.  Bub (Tony) went to school for two or three quarters just out of high school but he had other aspirations at the time and decided to quit school.  He's worked like a hound ever since and has gained himself a pretty nice spot within the company he's been with for 3, maybe 4 years now.  He does mention maybe going back to school himself now that Steph is established but he's uncertain as to what to pursue.  That's something he has to decide on and then just go for it. 

Well, geez I guess I've rambled enough and now it's supper time.  After that I want to blog cruise to catch up on every one's pretties.  Take care.  Happy Stitching.

Renee

1 comment:

~Niki~ said...

I'm a little worried about my now 17 year old.
He is not going to a university. He will be attending community college and he wants to be a cop. at 21 he can go into the police academy. the problem is this...he has a very serious g/f and i hope she stays GOOD and does not get pregnant or anything. it could blow his whole life. we've talked about it and all. He is my oldest.
My youngest is 7 :).