Sunday, November 28, 2010

Good Old S.O.S.

My step-dad used to call it by the long version of S.O.S.
(You knnow what I mean) lol.
We'll call it hamburger gravy over toast.

Every once in awhile I can get away with serving this to the fella's and they don't complain.  It don't look so good but it tastes way better than it looks in my opinion.  The only thing that could have made this better would have been some fried potatoes.  I wasn't thinking in time to put some on.  And they were starving of course so I had to get it together with a quickness and this is what they got.  lol. I don't feel like I've cheated them out of anything because this is so filling and it sticks to your middle for awhile.  lol.  I was thinking of making them some no bake cookies but I'm waiting til tomorrow now.  Shhh, just the mere mention of those cookies and they'll have me in there fixing a batch.  I secretly bought some cocoa at the store the other day just so I could make some.  They think I'm out of cocoa.  lol.  My lips are sealed.  haha.

Has everyone used all of their left-overs yet?  We're done.  I still have some turkey but we're turkey and hammed out.  Tomorrow cleaning out the fridge will be fun.  haha.  I have my cold pizza in there still from Wednesday.  Plus all the other little bits of leftovers like the stuffing and gravy.  I had a couple of deviled eggs that didn't get eaten.  And some cheeseball that's seen better days.  I'll have a dishwasher full.  Oh the joy of it all.  lol.

Take care,

Renee

2 comments:

LuAnn said...

Wonder if I could do SOS with some of my leftover turkey? I loveeeee your blog banner with Pooh ice skating.

Renee said...

Sure you can LuAnn. The guys ate turkey and the leftover gravy warmed up together over toast Friday. I think I'd just like bread. You can make like shredded chicken out of the turkey and it's the bomb. The best shr. chicken I ever ate was turkey. lol. Thanks for the blog compliment too. It sure lightened it up. Have a good night and thanks for coming by.