Sunday, November 28, 2010

Oh Man

I'm not very good at this blogging game am I?  I was doing so good too.  lol.  I'm not giving up though.  It's just been one thing after another.  I feel bad for not making it back to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving beforehand.  I've done my blog roll today though and it looks as though everyone enjoyed themselves and were truly blessed with family and friends for the holiday.  Me too!

Since my brothers house has a family room the size of my entire first floor, he graciously extended his home as the gathering place for our holiday get together.  I'm only sad in that because we didn't have it here at home as planned, I lost the motivation to properly clean my house for the occasion.  lol.  Was looking forward to a spiffy place for a day or so.  lol.  Due to oven space at bro's, I used an electric roaster this year to cook the bird.  I never have but my mother-in-law always did and I never had any complaints about her turkeys, ever!  The only thing I worried about was cooking time but it all worked out and I believe I made the best turkey and stuffing ever this year.  It was definitely the moistest bird I've ever made.  And with some tweaking my homemade gravy turned out yummilicious.  I don't usually have so much success with that but the gravy gods were with me this year.  lol.  We always do potluck type and everyone brought something and it was so good.  The time with family was wonderful.  Wish we could have stayed longer but were pooped and had to come home to rest.  lol. 

The week leading up to Thanksgiving was uh, hectic to say the least.  Monday Hubs and me went to our friend's funeral and we spent the whole day with them.  Turns out here in Ohio, Monday was a pretty decent day for late November and we thought we'd skip the jackets.  What were we thinking?  Not that that is the reason but him and I both got so sick this week.  He started coughing at that funeral Monday and by 4 p.m. he was plugged up, red-eyed, coughing, sneezing, and wheezing.  Oh No's.  He went to work Tuesday and I went up to my sister's to work on her computer.  Just as we pull in to sister's he calls and says he's heading home sick.  Not good.  He gets sinus infections at the drop of a hat anymore and we try to avoid those as much as possible.  Well, I felt fine Tuesday morning.  If I hadn't I would not have gone to my sister's.  She has no spleen which compromises immunity plus chemo on top of it so she is like susceptible to everything.  She hibernates alot during winter.  Well, don't ya know, late Tuesday I started feeling it.  Wednesday, I knew I had it.  Grrrr!  Even though I felt raunchy, Honey felt worse so I drove him to Mansfield to get his paycheck and he growled at me the whole way.  Not fun.  I don't like driving anyway, let alone someone hollering at me just cause they're sick and grumpy. 

We had all of our shopping to do except for the bird which we did run out and grab Monday night.  And guess what?  I had to do it by myself.  No way I could make him go out in that mess feeling like he was and missing work and all.  I wanted to get an early start so I could see my kid before he went to work.  Well, that didn't happen.  As soon as we got home from getting his check I thought I'd head out to shop.  But because I'm blind and need all the help I can get driving, I thought I'd wash my glasses real quick.  Again, what was I thinking?  I'm standing there drying them and I hear a ding, ding on the floor.  Crap!  There went my nose piece.  Which meant I had to wake grouch up to fix it for me.  I couldn't see the screw if I wanted to to find it so I got my little kit out and it had some screws.  He tried and tried and could not get the screw started.  So, in addition to my grocery shopping and picking up medicine at the drug store, I had to stop at the eye doctor.  Thank goodness they were in.  The lady there tried for 25 minutes.  I'm silently sitting there convincing myself to be thankful they were open and I didn't have to wait maybe til Monday even to get them fixed and when I was just about to run out of thankfulness for the situation and when I realized I wasn't seeing my kid before he went to work, she asks me if I bought the glasses there.  Um, yes ma'am I did.  Five hundred dollars I paid you directly for those glasses.  lol.  (I didn't say that out loud, just to myself).  Well she was checking to see if they were under warranty because the original screw had actually broken in half and part of it was still stuck in the glasses part.  She rigged me up one that is barely in the spot but it works til they get me new frames.  Can't believe it requires an entire new frame but she said she could not get that out for the life of her and I guess after 25 minutes of trying, I'll believe her.  Wow, just wow is all I have to say to that.

I wanted to do my food shopping at Save-A-Lot but I had to go to Drug Mart to pick up honey's prescription meds and more cold medicine for the both of us.  Hawkins is right next door so I thought I'd just go there.  They do have some good sales and I didn't need much so I thought I'd do all my stuff in one location and head home.  Yeah, whatever.  I still had to go downtown to Save-A-Lot.  So one eye doctor, one pharmacy, two grocery stores and $95.00 less later, I made it home.  I knew I had hours of slicing and dicing ahead of me so we ordered pizza which was cold when it got here because everyone else in town ordered pizza Wednesday night too.  lol.  That was just a day I don't care to repeat.  I loathe going out, let alone going out by myself.  And driving to boot.  Oh my.  I almost took the xanax.  lol. 

Thursday morning I called Sister to tell her we were sick but we felt like going to dinner and wondered how she felt about it.  I was going to suggest we stay home if she were scared of catching something instead of her and her husband missing out on account of us being sick.  They have stayed home alone when bunches of people are sick and it stinks.  I told her if she was going to catch anything she probably would have by me being there Tuesday.  We didn't have fevers or anything, just good old fashioned colds.  So she said she figured she had gotten all the shots the docs suggested and they told her to go live her life so we all got to get together after all and hubby and me kept our coughs and wheezes to ourselves and washed our hands alot.  It just makes me feel terrible thinking one of us might have made her sick.  I'm calling later to see how she is today.  She's been good so far so hopefully nothing will get her. 

This weekend has been spent just doing nothing.  We just don't feel grand and the shopping thing doesn't excite us so we've watched some movies and ate left overs and picked up the house and such but nothing major.  Tomorrow it is back at it so I hope everyone is feeling better and ready to go in the morning.  lol. 

Sorry to ramble.  Hopefully the next post will be sewing related and I'll have something to show.  Happy Stitching.

Renee

No comments: