Monday, November 29, 2010

No Bakes At 8:30?

Yes indeed.  I had almost forgotten about making them and when I remembered it was pretty late.  I looked at hubs and told him if he'd help me, we'd make a batch and well, without hesitation he says, "okay".  Wow.  Told you they like them.  I've had this recipe for probably 20 years and if you follow the directions exactally, you can't go wrong.  This batch won't be here this time tomorrow.  We were going to make a double batch and had everything ready and we were one cup short of oats for it.  Darn.  I suggested putted in a cup of corn flakes and was shot down right away on that one.  I suppose you don't mess with a good thing.  We could have wound up with a double batch of nasty had we done that.  lol. 

I'd be happy to share the recipe if anyone is interested.  If you've never made them before, you have to have a good heavy stirring spoon and work quick when you make these.  If you've made them, you know what I mean.  That's why I like hubs to help so he can stir and mix them all together real good.  He's a pretty good guy to be my muscle, huh?  lol. 



Well, I just wanted to get that in today.  Nothing else much but everyday house stuff.  Catching up a little from feeling so yucky and thinking about Christmas decorating.  I have to move a bunch of stuff to decorate.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.  Have a good night everyone.

Renee

No comments: