Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Just Had A Feeling

 Our city does a fall leaf pick up for the residents once a year. We rake them to the curb and they come and vac them all up. They will usually post a notice in the paper about when they will be around to certain zones to pick them up so we can have them out to the curb and ready. This year was really vague in that it just said it could start last week or this week. Well, raking last weekend wasn't going so hot with the wind the way it was and this past weekend, I was sewing.

Something told me to get out there and rake those leaves yesterday. So, I did and ughhh. I don't like it. lol. Thank goodness our yard isn't that big. I didn't even do the back yard. Just the front yard and down between the house and garden because that's where they like to collect just outside the back door. I raked huge amounts of them into my two flower beds out front for bedding/mulch for winter and then I raked the rest of what was left to the curb and this is my pile.







I raked the ones out back into the garden.  It's full too.  lol.  But sitting here this morning I hear this loud noise outside and I look out and to my surprise, it's the city guys picking up leaves.  Man, how happy was I that I raked those when I did?  I don't know what we'd have done with all of them if we hadn't gotten them out there on time. 

Here's a few shots of their amazing machine in action.
















See, all gone!!!  And while I know that was one of the most boring blog posts I think I've ever posted, it's better than no post.  I missed yesterday cause I did sleep in and then I worked outside.  I was warm when I started working out front but when I got to the side of the house out of the sun, I was freezing.  I finished that up and said heck with it and came in to warm up.  lol.  I kicked back on the love seat and I noticed my neck hurt a little.  Like in the front, jaw area of my neck.  Well since I just had the heart scare I worry sometimes about little things and I know that a woman's jaw hurting can be a sign of a heart attack so I mentioned it to hubby just to be on the safe side.  Well, we got to investigating and I actually believe my glands are starting to swell.  And last night I just felt like, oh no, here it comes.  First thing this morning I felt okay but as the day goes on I think they are swelling a little more maybe and I got this dull achy headache.  I'm doing the bare minimum today cause I don't feel like breaking any records.  lol.  Maybe tomorrow will be better.  Maybe I did just pull something again in my neck with the raking, I don't know yet. 

I thought about digging out some embroidery that a friend gave me and work on that awhile but the "digging" part discouraged me.  lol.  I have a nice roast cooking right now and when hubs comes home we'll have a good meal and maybe that will help too.  lol.  If I get some pep in my step I might work on that embroidery after supper.  Yeah Right!!!

Well, I need to check the roast so I'll sign off for now.  Thanks so much for coming around and being bored out of your mind by my exciting life.  lol.  Have a great day.  Happy Stitching.

Renee

No comments: