Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Got Inspired and Got To Sewing

I saw something today while blog reading that inspired me and I threw some stuff together this evening with some blocks that were already cut. Another batch from some my sister gave me. Woo Hoo. I am excited to see how it looks. My inspiration came from Susan. In her Tuesday, November 10th posting titled Turkey Day at Guild, the second picture of the wall hangings with the gifts on it was just the cutest thing I've seen in awhile and it inspired me to use up those blocks sister gave me. Here are a few photo's of my version so far. I got interupted to play a game of rummy with the old man and the boy. It was a good interuption though. Didn't mind putting it to rest for the night for that reason at all. He spanked the hubby and me. Had the lead from the beginning and left us both in the dust. lol.

blog

blog

blog

So, I hope to get these ribbons all on and some strips/rows put in tomorrow when I get home from work. Gonna get ready for bed though tonight. Hope to be back tomorrow.

In case I haven't mentioned it lately, thank you to everyone who stops by. I sure appreciate it and it's so fun to read all your blogs and see all the beauty there is in this quilting world. So, thanks for coming to My Quilted World. lol. Sorry, couldn't resist. lol.

Happy Stitching

Renee

4 comments:

country mouse said...

What cute blocks! Now you're inspiring me to make my own Christmas wallhanging :cD Can't wait to see your version all finished up.

Also, you are very welcome. I may not always post a comment (my life has been crazier in the last few months than I ever imagined it could get) but I do love to swing by and read your blog. Thank you, too, for visiting me.

Renee said...

thanks country mouse. you'll have to show me your Christmas wallhanging when you get it going. i'm going to go work on mine when the kid goes to work tonight. i'm excited about it. i just thought that on susan's page looked so cute and so far it's pretty simple. i might have enough other blocks to do one more. i'm thinking one will go to my sis and one to my sister in law. good luck on yours. thanks for coming by. talk to you later.

Sara said...

I can't wait to see the finished product! They look great! Isn't it fun playing rummy? J and I love to play. Hmmm...maybe later this week!

Renee said...

thanks sara. too bad the plans on that are stalled right now. lol. we love rummy. it's the only game i can play without needing a rule book. lol. hope you get time this week/weekend to get a game in.