Sunday, November 9, 2008

WOOT!!! Look What I Did!!!!

Yep, I got off my lazy duff here awhile ago and I made these two silly little articles in about 30 minutes. Sad aint it? lol. Took me all this time to muster up the gumption to go do it and now look. I have one of my Christmas presents done now. I have two more sets of these to make and then I think I'm going to throw in a third piece to the set. Obviously the one is a coffee cozy and the second item in the pic is a travel tissue package cover. The third item I wanted to put in with them is one of those purse calendars, I want to make covers for those too. I went to the dollar store last night to get some and they didn't have them yet. Of course I actually need one before I can make a cover darn it. Maybe I'll sneak out some time today and try another store. Now I'm excited!!!! hehehe. Doesn't take much to tickle me does it? lol.

blog

P.S. I belong to a forum called Our Gang Forum. A bunch of us used to work for an internet search engine called Cha Cha. That's how we all met but now that we've all for the most part left Cha Cha, we wanted a place to go and chat with each other and maintain our friendships with one another. That's how Our Gang Forum came about. It's for the most part a Work At Home Job board but we just talk about anything and have a great time. Anyway, a couple of the girls over there that I have come to know and like a lot are just bonkers crazy over tinkerbell. Hence, the fabric choice for these gifts. lol. I hope they don't pop over here and check out the blog anytime soon or the surprise is over. lol. By the way, if you're looking for a place just to come and chat with some good honest hard working people, please feel free to stop by and register. All the job listings don't hurt having a peak at either. lol. Thanks.

Renee

4 comments:

Julie said...

Those are so cute!

Renee said...

thanks julie. i had to tear the coffee cozy apart on the second one i made because it didn't line up. all honey had to say is "you can do better" and i was running for the seam ripper. lol. i hope the girls they're meant for like them. thanks for the compliment.

LuAnn said...

Renee....You have Tinkerbell fabric. How cute!!! I love the coffee cup cozy and the tissue pack cover. You are so clever. I have seen a lot of the girls on the blogs have made pincushions that are cute, too. Some even look like cupcakes, but I have no idea how to do one. The people that get these should love them. Are you doing Christmas sewing already?

Renee said...

luann:
i'm trying to make and sew as much Christmas presents as possible this year. and because i have so many ideas, i figured i better get busy on it. lol. the coffee cozy's are neat but i thought the little kleenex pouches would be a nice little something extra. i'm hoping to get the calendar books and make the bundle like a purse thing. all the stuff should fit in your purse nicely. we'll see. i thought about pincushions but so few people on my list sew that i decided on these things. thanks for coming by.