Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's Me Again

I just wanted to see if everyone is ready for the upcoming holiday yet? I can't wait. My brother and his wife have decided to host this year. This brings a deep sigh of relief for my sister and I as she isn't feeling the best and I have to work awhile on Thanksgiving. Ordinarily, I like to have Thanksgiving but I'm not arguing this year. I hope everyone's plans are coming together and you have great holidays with your famlies and loved ones.

I wanted to post about that Christmas wallhanging I am working on. I am at a standstill until I can get some ribbon. Turns out what I had, I had to cut it down to size and of course, it frayed. I thought about forgetting about the one piece of ribbon and just using bows on it made out of what I have here on hand but I'm not sure I like the way it will look. I just had an idea. I could use lace or ric rac in place of the one ribbon and I could possibly live with the bows I have if lace or ric rac will work. Hmmm. Now I'm pondering. Anyway, that is what I have on that. When I decide which direction to take it, I will post some more current photo's.

I got all the presents made up for the girls from my forum. Still no covered calendar books yet but I think I've decided to just use what I have. I think they'll be happy with the coffee cozy's and tissue holder. I would be.

My table runner I started still isn't finished. I have to finish tying off the ends and it's done. That's all that's left. I just about go blind every time I try to work on it though. I need new glasses in the worst way. It was just for me to see if I could do it so that's no biggie if it gets done or not.

Still got a couple of corn bags to do but I'm switching over to rice this time. I am having bad luck with the field corn and I'm just going with rice from now on. I had my son's ready to go the other day and I pull out the corn, fill the sack and when I moved the collander the corn was in, there were little, tiny, black bugs all over my ironing board. I pitched the whole entire mess right outside. How gross!!! lol. At this point I am just going to make him and my daughter-in-law one each for a little Christmas gift. He's waited this long, what's another month? lol.

That's about all that's on my plate right now. I do want to get some drapes made. We're really starting to feel the draft with the cold weather setting in. I thought it would be a great way to use up some of that upholstry fabric I have and it would look at least a little better than the Cleveland Indians blanket over the windows. lol. What's everybody else got going on?

I'll call it a night for now. Hope everyone is stitching away.

Night, Night

Renee

5 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

You've been busy. I'm hosting Thanksgiving and I'm no where near ready. This weekend is serious cleaning time..... Don't you love the snow we are having (71 down to Ashland was a MESS this morning). Still, it will put me in the Christmas spirit for next Friday!!
Kris

Renee said...

this snow could go away and never come back for all i care. lol. but since it's not florida and it is winter, i'm adjusting to the idea of it. lol. i heard the same thing about 250 coming into town yesterday morning. several people said our city streets were a mess today too. that's probably the only thing i don't like about winter, snow and ice-the hazardous traveling. i'm always glad when it's bad out when i know everyone is home and safe and sound. have fun next friday. i'm sure we'll have some white stuff then too. thanks for coming by.

countrychicken said...

Have a great holiday, sounds like you have all your gifts under control. I need to get knitting.

Julie said...

Ewww - well, at lease the microwave would have killed the bugs. But then you would have dead bugs in the bag.

Renee said...

yes, too bad about the corn bags. i just couldn't stand the thoughts of using that stuff. i worried about bugs in the ones i've made already. no reports yet though. lol.

and country chicken, you better get busy with the knitting. it's going to be here before we know it. lol. you'll be fine though. you can do it!!!