Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday, Monday!!!

Blah Blah-Blah Blah Blah Blah. I know there's a song in that somewhere but all it is to me today is Blah Blah Blah. lol. It is a rainy, cold, yucky, dreary old day round here friends. Yesterday kind of sucked big time. Just one of those days I guess. And for a Monday, today wasn't so bad at work but now that I am home, I can't wait for someone to get here to lift my spirits. It seems I sat right here just a while ago and downloaded a "malware" to my computer under the guise of a spyware detection/update. NICE!!!! Microsoft seems to have a cure here but it could take 80 plus minutes for their scan to do it's thing. So, here I am. lol. And I will quit whining now cause it's just nothing but a thing and it could be so much worse. lol.

My main reason to write today wasn't to whine anyway. It is to say "Yeah"!!! Even though yesterday could have been a better day, I did get some sewing done. I had two pair of jeans for a friend that needed patched and I've had them plenty long enough so when my son brought in two more pairs in dire need of emergency fixin', I figured I might as well do those others while I was at it. Done! Four pairs of repaired blue jeans. Not pretty but still wearable. lol.

Then Shawn, my youngest boy has had a t-shirt he said needed sewn up in the back, also been on my agenda some time, so I dug it out and man, what a mess. Of course it wasn't just undone from the collar or something, it was ripped just below the collar seam. I just hand sewed that gouged mess the best I could and told him it wasn't lookin' good. I would have liked to have the time, know- how and material to have patched all of these items and replace the bad area's completely but I am not that brave and these pants are nothing more than work pants that can't look much worse anyway, so all I did to them was put in a patch behind all the ripped and torn mess and sewed around it two or three times to make sure the patch was good and secure under it all. We'll see how it works out.

Also, hubby had a pair of long johns that had lost the elastic in the waist and I swear they were about two feet wide where it was all stretched and floppy. lol. What? They're probably 10 to 12 years old anyway and spending four bucks last week at the dollar store for a new pair almost killed him so I took a crack at fixin' these mile wide ones. lol. I know my elastic is old but I think maybe I stretched it too far too and so while they at least stay on his hips now, they are still large around the waste. lol. But wait, I'm not giving up on them yet. No sir, I have another idea I can try to save them. lol. Talk about using the life out of something. lol. I'll let you know how that goes. lol.

I know it doesn't seem like much but it just cleared my plate a big old bunch to get those little piddly things out of the way. I'm still stuck on what to use on my Christmas Present wallhanging. What do you think of lace bows? Anyone? I'd appreciate some input on that one. Does anyone know of any photo's or tutorials on lace bows? lol.

Other than that, I'm pretty free to start on a quilt project. While I still haven't finished the cursed Flower Garden Quilt, I just do not want to deal with it anymore just yet. I have a really cute baby boy quilt already cut out and a special flannel backing for it and all. I was going to make it for a friend at work who was expecting a little boy last spring but I decided to go with the cowboy theme for his. It's listed as Koltin's Quilt in the photo gallery of my quilts way down yonder on the page. lol. This one I'm wanting to do now is a football theme with a red background and then I have solid bright white and royal blue blocks to alternate with. The back is this really, really thick flannel I got somewhere and it is solid white with these little blue and red diamond like design. Really nice piece for a little boy's quilt. I absolutely refuse to use anything with even a shred of pink in it or a flower for a boys quilt. I don't know why but it can't have any girly stuff in it. lol.

Well, I have a bunch to get done around the house here before honey gets home. My boss gave me two really neat lamps today. She got new ones and was going to throw these ones away and decided to bring them to work for anyone who wanted them instead. Yeah, I am so glad she did. Now I have to put those where I want them too. We did re-arrange our livingroom yesterday to make way for the Christmas tree and these "new" lamps will be just great in there. So for now, I will stop yacking and start working. Hope you all are getting lots of quilty things done.

Have a Good Evening!

Renee

5 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! Such a lot to get done!! I hate repairing clothing, but sometimes we just have to.

Sara said...

You got a lot done there! Sounds like you were busy. It also seems like there is never enough time in the day for all we want to do! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Renee said...

thanks for stopping by ladies. yes, time is very busy isn't it? but if we enjoy what we are doing it shouldn't be so bad huh? i think i am going to get busy on a few projects today. i have nothing else planned so it seems like a great day to do some stuff.

we did have a great thanksgiving. all of us were able to make it and it meant the world to me. it's been awhile since i seen my one brother especially. i hope you all had great days as well.

thanks again for coming by.

LuAnn said...

Hi Renee Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving. I was at a quit retreat up in Shipshewana week before this and this week has been a nice blurr with family, good food, and fun. Our daughter goes back to Huntsville tomorrow morning. Twenty four days until Christmas. I may have to take some sewing along with me in the car when I go out to shop and stitch at the stop lights. This is about the time of year when I really wish I had made some of my Christmas presents....There's always next year, right? Hope you're doing ok.

Renee said...

hey luann. thanks for stopping by. sounds like you have been major busy. i bet you're glad to be back home. i know what you mean about the presents. next year will not find me in this situation. i am going to start making alot of my gifts for next year as soon as the new year breaks. lol. glad to hear from you. stop back.