Monday, October 27, 2008

I Quilted Today!!!!!!

Woo Hoo!!! I did it. I got to quilt some today. Not much but the day isn't through yet. At least I was moved to do it and now that I'm started, Watch Out!!! lol. I did try to do that stupid stipple quilting again yesterday and I swore I'd never do it again. lol. I will of course but not for a long, long time. lol.



Today, I just decided I'd start on that stinking little table runner and see where I ended up. This is what I came up with. Kind of infantile but as I told my hubby last night, I might have forgotten how to do it. lol. Gee Whiz. Next thing I am going to do is make my boy that corn bag again. He's kind of hounding me about it so I best get to making that for him. lol. Then honey reminded me I have one more seat cover to do for him and a friend stopped today and I told him I would have two pairs of pants mended for him by Friday. So, whether I am moved to do this stuff or not, looks like I just better do it and quit putzing around. lol.



Photobucket



Photobucket



While browsing my blog roll last night I stumbled up on a great cookie recipe thanks to 32.5. I believe with some chopped pecans, these could soon become my favorite cookie. They are called Brown Sugar Buttons and you can find the recipe on a link via 32.5's site. Which reminds me I have to let her know how well I liked them.



Also, today I wanted to mention that Julie over at Julie's Blog has participated in the "tagging" I did a little while back. Julie points out some neat things about herself and I wanted to take the time to thank her for her participation. She has in turn gotten to tag three of her buddies. And so on. lol. If you're interested in meeting new people or you already know Julie, stop by her blog and find out some amazing things about her you wouldn't have known.



I also wanted to mention that I am in love. Let me show you with what! I found it through Holly's Blog. It's the Lake House Dry Goods line. Here is a link to the website: http://www.lakehousedrygoods.com/. Oh my goodness aren't those some sweet fabrics? I love everyone and I love on Holly's blog how she uses the different fabrics to make basically the same quilt in a couple different varieties and I can't say which one of them is my favorite. I love them all. One day I'll quilt like that, won't I Santa? lol.



And now Motherhood calls as I suppose I should start thinking of some supper. My youngest son Shawn is very seldom home for supper since he works but he is off tonight and I just don't know what to fix him. So, I'll go ponder. I might post back later with some more progress. Cross your fingers for me.



5 comments:

The Southern Mom said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I don't usually whine so much! Love your quilts. You don't like stippling? I love it...it's kind of relaxing. And it's a quick and easy way for me to get my quilting done! If I can drag myself off the couch, I've got 2 quilts that are ready for it.

Stephanie said...

Hi Renee, I'm so happy the cookies turned out great for you. I think that they would be lovely with nuts as well. I have to be careful when offering baked goods to our friend "Quilting Newbie" she has some serious nut alergies!
I really like the topstitching pattern your working on. See ya soon!

The Southern Mom said...

Hey, there! I read your comment. Girl!...you've got to get a walking foot, lower your feed dogs and away you go! I do mine on my regular machine, too. The walking foot makes all the difference! Let me know if this helps or if I can help in any other way.

LuAnn said...

Love your table runner, Renee. You can stipple quilt. Put on some good music and just start up. If I haven't done it for awhile I make a pretend quilt sandwich out of some old fabrics and do a practice run. I've also heard that a glass of wine before helps the process. Ha!!

Renee said...

southern mom, i knew you were going to tell me that. lol. i guess i might have to ask santa for one at this point. lol. i appreciate your advice and hopefully if i can get ahold of a walking foot, i'll let you know how it goes. thanks again.

and luann, what is your method of stipple quilting? do you use a walking foot also? music and sewing almost sounds like heaven. lol. wine would put me there. lol. thanks for the tips.