Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Okay, Remember Me Sayin'???

Awhile back I was asking for ideas on quilt block patterns and got some really great suggestions. I did manage to find a table runner pattern I thought I'd try and while it's been ready to quilt for some time now, I'm just finally getting around to getting a pic. I want to try that daggone stipple quilting technique again but I want to be prepared for the hassle when I do tackle it. My famous last words, Maybe tomorrow. lol. Anyway, here it is according to pattern and all:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Don't laugh!!!! lol. It's the first time I ever did the triangles like that and I got in a hurry and put it together using pre-cut "vintage" to say the least, fabric squares. My son told me if I was going to do this I had to nail those corners lining up. He's the only one who will be at least partway honest with me when I ask for his opinion. lol. He's right though. Sometimes I rush through stuff that I am just doing for the heck of it to see how it turns out. You should have seen the first coffee cozie I made. lol. Wow is all I can say. lol. Anyway, she aint pretty but she's mine and I'm going to use it on my table or counter when/if I get it done. lol.

I'm waiting for my son to get home from work here soon so I'm gonna be short tonight. You are all probably silently saying woo hoo. lol. I sometimes think I have too much of the gift for gab. lol. Hope everyone is healthy and well. Have a Great Night!!

Renee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see your table runner its wonderful,
Great blog,
Thankyou

Renee said...

hi tracey. thanks for stopping by. you have a great blog too. i'll be checking back with you often. have a great day.

country mouse said...

I like your little table runner. Actually, I think I have some of those fabrics :cD how fun! I also wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog. Things are crazy for me and I am trying to be more consistant, but I am so thankful for wonderful visitors who continue to visit me. Thank you thank you!!

Renee said...

thanks ladies. the more i look at the wretched little thing, the more i like it. now my son wants one. lol. although he said he gets to pick the fabric. lol. guess he isn't a fan of my combo. lol. thanks for stopping by. have great days.