Saturday, March 7, 2009

Chopping Off & Hemming Curtains=Massive Brain Ache

Okay, so now I'm doing as I had planned on the curtains I needed to shorten and hem for my son and his wife. I have one panel of four cut and ready to be hemmed. I am so stinking nervous. But I figure if this first one goes okay, I should be okay on the others. I'm just scared to death they won't hang right/even. Say your sewing prayers for me here. I'd hate like everything to ruin their new curtains. After that one quilt top recently came out longer on one end than the other on me, I'm kinda gun shy now. lol. I'll post some pics after bit of what I have came up with.

Here are those templates my hubby cut out for me at work. I mentioned them some time ago but I got some interesting comments on them so I wanted to be sure and show what I'm talking about. They're just stainless steel plates. I was wanting some nice square block templates. These are awesome. One is missing as I've been using it and it's buried in the sewing room. lol. These are the two, four and eight inch ones.

blog

Still nothing on the kids car situation. We had the battery tested and it's fine and now we've gone online in search of suggestions and I got one really great one this morning that we will try as soon as hubby gets home from work today. We're on a tight budget round here and we need to do this cheaply and on our own so let's hope it's not a major repair. More on that later.

Doing some laundry and messing around with these curtains here otherwise today. What are all of you up to? I need to take some ibuprofen and knock out this headache so I can get on with the actual hemming of those curtains. Just wanted to stop in and say hey and see what everyone is up to.

Happy Saturday,

Renee

No comments: