Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Spring!!!!


Spring
Myspace 2.0 layouts




Hey everybody! Are you ready for the weekend? I sure am. I'm in for the duration if I can get away with it(lol)until Monday. I doubt I can get hubby to go do the grocery shopping that needs to be done around here. lol. I've been putting it off and putting it off but it's beginning to look like Mother Hubburd's cupboard around here. lol. But for tonight I am looking forward to some peace and quiet Renee time. The fella's have plans to go play cards and I intend to batten down here in front of the computer or the t.v. in just a few short hours. No sewing tonight unfortunately but tomorrow looks hopeful. lol. I've been draggin' tail around here with my chores and stuff I need to get done and I just need to get to crackin'. lol.

I hope everyone has great plans for the weekend. Here, they claim it is going to begin to get warmer again tomorrow. That has really helped me have a little more pep in my step. I was just outside in my t-shirt on Wednesday and it felt great. Raked some leaves and hubby trimmed our one and only tree. lol. Yesterday I froze to death and this morning I froze but it didn't turn out too bad this afternoon. I still don't want to have to go back out in it though. I hope to venture out tomorrow and find a suitable backing for the first full size quilt I've ever dealt with. This too I have been putting off and putting off and it just needs done plus I could use the money I'll receive for doing it.

Turns out I will be needing tons and tons of money here in just the next few months. My youngest, Shawn, my baby will be 18 in just 15 short days and I'm almost devastated. lol. He'll be graduating this June and entering a whole new phase of his life. My boy is a man now. But in spite of the sadness that goes with your babies growing up and not needing you so much, I am so proud of this one. He is just the most sweetest kid you'll ever meet. He tries so very hard and he does a great job at whatever it is that he tries. He puts on a tough outward impression but he's just one of the biggest old softies. I want only the best for him. I just hope I can afford it. lol. Seriously, we just paid over two hundred dollars for a notebook sized box, about three inches thick with his graduation announcements and such. Ouch. We have yet to have a portrait made (sad I know and shame on me)but I spoke with a photographer this week and his cheapest package is almost two hundred plus a sitting fee but he gave me a gift card to cover that so that was real cool. This kid has no desire to have his photo even taken and the sole purpose of doing so is because I want it. So, we'll see.

I wanted to share this awful scanned image with you all. I had mentioned some time back that where I work was being featured in our local paper and while I thought it would be available online, it was not the last time I checked and since there is no link to show you, I scanned my newspaper. lol. It's not a good scan but you can tell how full that deli case was and how busy I had been that morning. It's like that everyday. See why I live for the weekends? lol.

bbl

Well, got to get some food going around here. Hope you all have some great projects in the works this weekend. I look forward to checking after while to see. Everyone take care and have a great weekend.

Happy Stitching,

Renee

No comments: