Sunday, March 1, 2009

I Hope This Finds Everyone Well

Photobucket

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who commented on my last post. Thank you all so much for the great words of encouragement and the wonderful ideas on how to "de-stink" my stuff. lol. All in all, this past week was better but I still wasn't creative. I'll get it all together here soon enough though. Those curtains for my son and daughter and law are my first priority and probably will get started today with the boys help. lol. He'll be here so I intend to have him help me lay them out and measure them so maybe between the two of us they will come out even and not two inches longer on one side than the other. lol.

After that I have that quilt top that my friend wanted me to quilt. It was her grandmother's. I have batting for it now and I think I may have a piece of backing fabric big enough to go ahead and just do it. I'm trying to whittle down what I've got over there to work on but I've decided I need to make a plan and stick to it. So for now my order of business will be the curtains and then this quilt top.

The stupid little quilt I was working on that came out whopperjawed is now thrown in the corner as I did have to take a break from it like some suggested I do. I did try to square it but I'm still not happy so it's in the "someday" pile. That is twice now I've worked with those pre-cut blocks from my sister and neither time was a success. I will definately measure any and all pieces of them before using again. lol. Live and learn.

My honey bunny made me some square templates out of stainless steel.............

LMAO!!!!- I just have to share this with you guys. lol. I just went to get me another cup of coffee and it's either still too early or I'm not as awake as I thought I was. lol. I just went to fill the sugar bowl and instead I just poured one cup of sugar in my coffee cup. lol. What was I thinking. lol. Phew, this is a sweet cup of coffee for sure. lol. Of course I dumped it but the whole inside of my cup was dusted with it. lol. Wow, that reminds me of the time I went to make a pot of coffee and grabbed the metamucil instead. lol. That was classic. About the time I thought I ought to be smellin' the coffee, I started smelling this strange warm orange smell. lol. We laughed for days over that one. lol.

Anyway, sorry for that. Now back to those templates. I don't have anything but a yard stick and a square to measure my blocks. My square is slightly bent so I haven't been happy with my measurements. My old cardboard templates have seen better days and I just hate making new ones, I'm paranoid they won't be square. So, I figured hubby could make me some with precision at his shop and as far as I can tell so far, they will be perfect. They are nice and heavy and won't shift around while I'm tracing around them. And they will last forever. I'll post some pics of them later on. I had him make a 2 1/2, 4 1/2, 6 1/2, and 8 1/2 inch square.

I also wanted to mention that sometime ago I had started making golf seat covers for hubby's cart at work. I got the seat cushion done and one back cushion and strayed from the project. Well last week, his boss made us a deal. lol. He told the old man that if I could finish that one cover within two weeks, he would let us use the business card to go out to dinner last weekend. Well, of course I couldn't pass that up. So, last Saturday hubby and me went on a little mini date out to eat at Casa Fiesta, our local Mexican restaurant. I love, love, love to eat there but we don't often cause I'm about the only one crazy about it. Needless to say, last Sunday, I got up and set to work on the last cover and had it done in less than an hour. Put a little food in front of me and you'll be suprised what I can get done. lol.

I'm thinking about having Bub (oldest son Tony) and Steph up for supper tonight. They have been remodelling their lower level in their house and I haven't seen the boy much for the last couple of weeks. I want to make lemon pork chops and augratin potatoes tonight and they love them so I bought enough yesterday at the store to have them up. Lemon pork chop is a deceiving name for this dish because there is so little lemon juice in it. All you do is brown your chops nice and brown and then lay them on a baking sheet. Take equal parts of brown sugar and ketchup and mix together (I use about 1/4 cup each cause I usually make a bunch and they like the sauce), add a shot of lemon juice to the mix and put a dollup of the sauce on each pork chop. Then take a sliced onion and put one whole slice of onion on top of the goo. If you have enough goo, put some on top of the onion too. You cover these and bake for half an hour covered on 350, then uncover them and bake another half hour. Yummy. The onion is almost like candied in the end and it is so flavorful. Man, now I'm hungry. lol. If anyone tries this, let me know what you think.

I should go for now. It's just now starting to get daylight and I'm beginning to see all the things around here I need to get done today. lol. Sorry I haven't been around much but I've been keeping up on all of you just the same. Hope you all have a happy weekend. Best of luck for the upcoming week. A new month. Wow, how time flies. Take care.

Happy Stitching,

Renee

1 comment:

QuiltedSimple said...

Sounds like you've been busy! I cannot wait to see the curtains - you must post phots when you are done. And your templates - I'm intrigued by the sounds of them - I'm always slicing through my plastic ones - which aren't good at all. Have a wonderful sunny Sunday in freaking freezing Ohio (it's 21 here in W. Salem right now).
Kris