Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thank You Everyone!!

I have been looking over my posts and reading comments and I just wanted to thank everyone here for all the support I can find here. Most recently I really appreciated the comments left offering kind words and thoughts for the week we had around here. What a difference a week can make. This time last Sunday, I was having that awful headache. It wasn't just the curtains stressing it, as always it's a culmination of everything and I think last Sunday was the day to say it was time for a chill out. Sometimes our bodies have a way of saying time out when we aren't quite ready to call it quits. I'm not great at recognizing my signs. lol. And all that being said, I don't want this to be a personal whine blog so just one more time, THANKS to everyone who took a moment to let me know you're out there. Although my responses are not always timely and my visits are brief, I do know there are always some of you are are always around and I am also daily checking you all out as well. lol. What a great bunch of folks!!!

On the quilty front, still nothing accomplished there BUT, I did get a big old dent put in some much needed cleaning around my home. I always find my morale is low when my house is cruddy. lol. It's a pride thing isn't it? lol. Us women!! I had hoped to have the spring cleaning done by the time spring got here but, huh uh (clears throat), I assure you, it is not done. Nor will it be until I can get in a few more days like yesterday. lol. I hope to get some more done today. I always feel better starting my week when I have the house in order beforehand so I'm not pressured to have to run home everyday and do something major on top of working and keeping up with the fam.

I got some pictures of my houseplants that I've been nursing along the last month or so since they spent a really dark, neglected winter stuffed in the corner. I lost a few but as you can see, I still have plenty. lol. Gonna go snap those pics right now......

I apologize in advance for the bad pics. It's a cellphone and I can't hold steady to save me. lol.

Here's the whole crop. Pretty pitiful, eh? lol. I think they will be okay though.
bl

This is my Gloxenia. Never heard of one before until I received it three years ago this coming Mother's Day. Knock on wood, it keeps coming back year after year. It's kind of like an African Violet, same family, but it has those large bell shaped flowers on it. Mine is purple. I haven't one pic of it in bloom. Must get one this year. It is lovely.
bl

And this is my bamboo my oldest son got me a few years back for prosperity. I love that curlique branch.
bl

Can't wait to sit them out on the front porch for awhile. They love that sun.

I have company coming so I'll end now. I'll have some pics of that other project I'm tinkering with next time. Take care. Have a Great Sunday!!!

Happy Stitching,

Renee

2 comments:

Julie said...

Be careful not to give them a sunburn to start with. They aren't used to that sun, expose them gradually. Ask me how I know! LOL
I am glad things are getting better for you!

QuiltedSimple said...

I'm so glad things are better for you! And I agree I always feel better if the house is clean:) At least you can keep plants alive - i kill house plants within mere hours.....
Kris