Saturday, March 28, 2009

Moments Away From Start

It took me almost an hour last night to pin baste the quilt and that long on my hands and knees still has me stoved up today. lol. But,like the good girl I am trying to become, I got up early this morning and began working on cleaning and organizing my sewing room. I told hubby I enjoyed my sewing so much more back in the days when I began when I used the kitchen table and had one little box of notions. I kept it all organized so well because I usually had to pack it up nightly and put it away until next time I drug it out and did something. Once I got my own sewing room, it all fell apart. Plus I have more stuff now and I knew going into work on this big old whoppin' quilt would not even come close to fun unless I was organized and had the freedom to move around with it. Mission accomplished. I think I might be stalling now just to avoid having to get busy. lol. Truthfully, I am having just one more smoke and cup of coffee, followed by a restroom break and then it's on!!!! lol. Wish me luck. Anyone have any idea how long it will take me to quilt a full size quilt? Any ideas would be great because I haven't a clue. lol.

Take care everyone. Hope you all get to do some quilting today. Have a great weekend.

Renee

2 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

Good luck!!!! Um.....on time frame.....it takes me about 4-5 hours to stiple quilt a twin sized.......but that's with stops and starts due to kid interruptions.....hope you get lots accomplished!
Kris

Sara said...

How are you going to quilt it? It depends on what you do. I think that in the ditch takes less than stippling but its all how you quilt it, and how fast you are and what machine your using....you get the picture! Good Luck!