Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Blaghhhh Day

Hey everybody.  How is everyone tonight?  I hope this finds everyone well.  I am sitting around waiting for the Duggars to come on.  I have an hour to go.  lol.  Yeah, I said it, Duggars.  That's another post though.  lol.  Tonight I'm posting pics of one more block I got done yesterday and a little bookmark I had to try.

While these little wonkie blocks are fun to make, they are so time consuming.  I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or not but wow.  I'm not complaining though, just sayin'.  So I got a grand total of 7 of the little darlings done yesterday.  This is the last one.













Then I had found this bookmark idea over on Steel Scraps and had to give it a whirl.  I'm not much for following directions so I changed this up alot.  I'm lazy so I improvised and came up with this so quick it wasn't even funny and it's rough (meaning, very basic, thrown together, no fuss).  I can't imagine how cute they'd look just putting a little time into them.  Just a little time I say cause it's really a snap.  I won't bore you with the how and why unless you're interested and I could post about it but here is what I ended up with.

















I could use a dozen of these right off the bat just for the ladies in the family.  I may make some of these little delights up in the morning.  Today I just did not feel well.  Didn't do anything.  It was just a blaghhh day as the title suggests.  lol.  I plan on being up early tomorrow so maybe I'll get at the machine and do a couple more bookmarks and a couple more blocks and who know what else.  I got alot of catching up to do on my housecleaning since I neglected everything today but I intend to sew first, clean second.  lol.  Have a good night.  Happy Stitching.

Renee

2 comments:

~Niki~ said...

I think your blocks are looking just fine. :)
When I did mine it was hard because they didn't always press flat. After quilting it came out fine.

Renee said...

Thanks Niki. I wondered how these little dudes might quilt because they have some bulk to them that I just couldn't avoid in some places. Thanks for letting me know that it works out in the end. lol. I'm looking forward to progressing on this project. Have a good day.