Friday, October 22, 2010

Some New Goodies!!

I hate going to Wal-Mart.  Used to love it but now that I'm weird, I just don't like going many places at all.  lol.  But I had to go tonight and while I was there I took a walk down the sewing/beading/whatever aisle.  I'm still mad at them for getting rid of their domestics department.  They just have some small basic stuff now like the likes of what I got tonight for their "sewing" section.  But I was tickled with my purchases tonight none the less.  My sister gave me a rotary cutter a good year, year and a half ago and she said it needed a blade when she gave it to me and she couldn't have been any more right about the blade.  Wouldn't cut butter but I tried using it the other day to cut out my square blocks from those wonkie blocks and while it worked it was messy, yada yada.

Tonight I'm the proud owner of a brand new rotary cutter blade.  lol.  Doesn't take much to tickle me does it?  lol.  I'm down to two spools of white thread so I grabbed a couple more of those and some velcro to make seat belt cushion thingy's.  You know, they pad the belt so it doesn't rub hickey looking things on some folks necks from wearing their seat belt.  My husbands work truck was the worse and we bought a set of them for it.  But he left them in it and now I don't have my pattern anymore.  I need to make a set for our car and thought about making some for Christmas gifts.  Then I got a set of little snaps for any little thing that might come up.  Thinking about making some more baby bibs.  The last ones I made had ties and I just don't think they may be the safest thing.  I used to like the velcro ones for my kids or ones that snapped so they could come off quickly if need be.  Something that had give in case of emergency.  Ties just draw a knot tighter when yanked on so it always kind of bothered me I made them that way.

Anyway, because I haven't been sewing I thought I'd at least post a boring picture of my new stuff.  lol.  Hope everyone is having a good Friday night and are getting some stitching in.  I might try out my new cutter here after bit but no promises.  lol.


Gotta go play.  Have a great weekend.  Everyone take care.

Renee

No comments: