Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hello My Quilting Friends

Hey everybody. How's everyone doing? I hope this finds you all well and busy on some lovely projects. I haven't been too busy sewing but I've been pretty busy.

Honey had Saturday off for a change so I put him to work here around the house. Lol. Poor guy. We really got a lot of indoor work done that's needed done for too long. We were both happy to have it done. Thanks again doll for your help.

Sunday was lovely and I went out to rake leaves but the wind had other plans. Lol. I cut back all my flowers and hosta's. Then I pulled out what was left of the garden. Pulled my tomato stakes and cages and put them up. I have to get the water hose in and I think we're ready for cold weather. Well, not that we want to be but like it or not it's coming. Boo hoo!

I got robbed this summer from enjoying it like I wanted and had planned. I hurt my back the first week or so in August. Don't know what I did in particular cause I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Anyway, ends up I had a pinched nerve in my neck. After a week at my chiropractor without improvement I was sent to ER to have my heart checked just to be on safe side and all was well there. Thank goodness. But they diagnosed the pinched nerve and gave me pain meds. Oh yeah. I spent about a week flat on my back doing nothing. I wasn't a happy camper cause I don't like being out of commission. I had beans and tomatoes coming on like mad and I couldn't do a thing about it. Honey had to do it and I don't like putting stuff off on him. He works hard enough. After the pain got tolerable to where I could do something I found myself weaker than snot. Then depression kind of took ahold for a minute. I just didn't enjoy the latter part of summer at all.

Ok my pity party is over. Lol. After all that I can tell you I was more than happy to be outside on such a beautiful day as I'm sure there won't be many more.

I don't know when in between all the work but I did work on some red borders for the wonkie block top. Red's even more fun than the blue. So cute. I'll get them posted later.

Welp. Guess I've rambled enough today. Happy stitching!!

Renee

4 comments:

~Niki~ said...

Oh dear, I know pain. Can I join you in your party? :)
I have neck pain and arthritis in my neck. On Nov 1st the pain mgt dr is giving me an epidural injection. Ever had one of those? I haven't and I'm scared out of my mind lol. I've also been recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease~which is a thyroid condiiton. I'm only 38~ yikes! I'm so glad I found your blog, I love reading it! happy wednesday back at ya!

LuAnn said...

Glad you are feeling better now and can do a bit of sewing. I know it has been really windy around here, too. There were leaves about a foot high in front of my garage door yesterday. I'm just thankful it wasn't snow. That will come soon enough. Ha.

Renee said...

Sure niki you can come but bring your sewing or knitting. And something yummy to eat too. lol. I'm sorry to hear you've got neck troubles. I truly never hurt so bad as I did during this last episode. I've heard of nerve block shots that supposedly work wonders but that's all I know. Don't know risks, duration of help, etc. I sure wish you luck. The thyroid should be ok with meds. Thanks for stopping.

Renee said...

Thanks LuAnn. I do feel better. Aren't there leaves and wind crazy? The pics of the pretty trees out back and in the front that I took this past weekend are a totally different scene today. Lol. It changes so quick. You are so right in that it could be snow. Oh no's. Lol. Have a good weekend.