Sunday, October 31, 2010

Two Posts In One Day-Whoa!!

Okay so last night I wanted to sew right?  Right.  Did I sew?  Ha ha ha!!!!  Let me tell you, you would have thought my eyes were sewn shut last night.  Phew.  I was sitting here reading on my phone while I waited for my son to go do his thing before I went to sew and I couldn't hold my eyes open.  This was around 7:30 or so and the next thing you know it's 9:00.  Hubby's back home already and the kid is still sitting here.  Listening to me snore.  lol.  It was like a power nap or somethin' cause I woke up ready to go and nobody to go with and no place to go.  lol.  Honey and me decided to watch the Halloween movie that was on and stayed up real late, midnight.  haha.  We're old so midnight is real late for us.  lol. 

But alas, today has been productive for me.  Remember the seat belt cushion?  It's got a mate now.  Didn't photo it cause I reckon you seen one, you've seen them all.  After that I went ahead and sewed those red  blocks into two more rows for borders.  Then I totally switched gears.  I've had this little project put together and pinned for quilting for some time now.  At least I know I had it showing it to my fam at Labor Day, pins and all in it.  I had started hand quilting it two or three weeks ago maybe and didn't like it.  Plus I will never use t pins again to pin one in.  They constantly stabbed me while trying to hand sew it.  So, today I threw that sucker on the machine and I'm almost half done with it already.  If these men around here didn't have to eat, I'd have it made.  lol.  I'm going to head back over to the sewing room cause Honey said he didn't care if I sewed the rest of the night if I'd just get him some supper.  lol.  Isn't that sweet?  lol. 

I just gotta mention this real quick before I go.  Ever had fried apples?  Oh, we don't have them often and it's a good thing cause the way I make them , they are so totally unhealthy but man are they good.   They smell devine and taste pretty much the same.  I made some of those and some old el cheapo sirloin steaks that I usually fry and get real tough but tonight they turned out awesome and I seasoned mine just right cause it was scrumptous too.  It was kinda like comfort food to me tonight.  lol.

Happy Stitching,

Renee

No comments: